Where to get a cake near-ish Sharon?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aandd01. Show aandd01's posts

Where to get a cake near-ish Sharon?

Pardon the simplistic question, but I'm fairly new to Mass, and not familiar with the quality cake makers. Where should I order a yummy cake from? I don't want to travel all the way to Boston, and would prefer a more local vendor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Re: Where to get a cake near-ish Sharon?

couple of ideas...right in Norwood a couple of towns over from Sharon...

Guarino's on Washington St., Norwood, near Norwood Hospital
    Dessert Works, not sure of address (its in Norwood)

in Quincy there is Montillio's, but a couple friends of mine had problems w/them on their wedding cake (failure to deliver)

There is also Konditor Meister in Braintree, right off 128...

Donna's Cakes in West Roxbury also

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I can highly recommend Sue at Cake Connections in Abington! 

http://www.cakeconnections.com

Delish! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

We used Konditormeister in Braintree, MA, which wouldn't be far.  People seem to either love or hate their cakes.  Ours was delicious! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

Hi there.. how about Ivy's in Canton.. we are actually getting our wedding cake there.. amazing so pretty and yummy tasting!!!
    good luck!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I second konditormeister. I loved my cake, and got many compliments, we did a few different flavors.  They'll deliver to sharon no problem. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mo41083. Show Mo41083's posts

I second Laryan's comments on Montillio's, I love the taste of their cakes, but I had a really hard time communicating with them about the design for my cake. They did finally fax me a drawing of what the cake would look like, but it still wasn't right on the day of the wedding.  It still looked beautiful and tasted great, but I knew it wasn't right which was dissapointing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

i find I do better w/Montillio's if I go into the store itself & purchase as opposed to ordering pastry...

i'm also thinking of my friends who had "paid receipts" for items they ordered, and didn't receive when needed...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GK2bwed. Show GK2bwed's posts

I got my cake right in Sharon at Special Cakes for Special People. Sandy was great, and her prices where phenomenal. I would definitely check her out!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aandd01. Show aandd01's posts

Thanks for the replies! My boyfriend is from W. Roxbury, so we had decided on Donna's, but I think we're gonna check out Sandy's too. I like supporting hometown businesses!

much appreciated!