Anyone been to a wedding at these places??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Anyone been to a wedding at these places??

Ok, I am not engaged yet, but I am so close I can taste it...so I am going to ask you girls for some advice. We have four places we want to look at, and I would like to hear if any of your have had/or been to a wedding there!

So far we have on our short list:

Hawthorne Hotel
    Boston Renaissance Waterfront Hotel
    Exchange Conference Center
    L'Andana

My top thing I want is windows! I really don't want a ballroom with no windows!

We have an appointment on March 31st to look at the BRWH!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Re: Anyone been to a wedding at these places??

Wedin...great options, although I should mention I only want to spend $130pp at the MOST, and an open bar, which my boyfriend would be paying for. I would LOVE to have it at the Omni, but out of our price range :( I actually was not too impressed with the Sonesta's ballroom when I went to a wedding there last year. Don't get me wrong, it is beautiful, but the way people talk about it, I expected to be blown away.

I like that the Boston Renaissance has a smaller ballroom that has windows...I have attached a photo of it. We are looking to have no more than 150. I also LOVE that the Exchange Conference Center is a different type of place AND it is catered by Legal Seafoods!!

Thanks, girls :)

Boston Renaissance Ballroom

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

One more pic I found online...no idea who these people are!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Hi Peonie!  I haven't been to a wedding at any of those places, but we have had dinner at L'Andana!  The food is *amazing* and the space is really cool.  It is kind of modern and trendy, with huge high ceilings!  However, I don't believe it has many windows, and if it does, the view is not much since it is in Burlington.  I'd definitely go check it out though as the food is amazing (hopefully if you are looking at it for a wedding, they'll give you a free dinner or something!).

I'd definitely suggest checking out the Hyatt Cambridge if you want a view!  The view is *amazing*, about a hundred times better than Royal Sonesta and I know they will fit within your budget.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

our wedding was at the hawthorne and I can't say enough about it.  I think you read my review after - we just loved it and I would highly recommend it too.  the windows in the room were gorgeous.

L'Andana is one of my favorite restaurants.. we've been there probably 10 times and I love it.. however I can't picture it for a wedding, it seems a little dark and i don't notice the windows... but I do love it so much as a restaurant that it would be interesting to see what it looks like for a wedding.

I have been to the exchange conference center for a wedding and it was beautiful!!!  food was great, on the harbor.. just gorgeous for a summer time wedding.  The only thing is its small so depending how many you want to invite that could be a deterent.  Also, the bar was outside the ballroom when I went and it made it so people hovered outside by the bar and were not really dancing much inside.. it was such a nice night out too that people just didn't seem to want to be inside, including the bride and groom...

I've never been to BRWH. 

Here is a pic of the hawthorne ballroom from our wedding that might help you...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Jan, I can't stand how gorgeous the Hawthorne is!!! But, my parents have a little concern about it being in Salem. My boyfriend has a lot of family flying in from around the country, and I find it a little unfair that we would have them fly into Logan and then have to find a way to get to Salem.

Now that you mention that about the ECC, that annoys me. I know it shouldn't, but I really wouldn't want people hanging outside or at the bar instead of the dance floor, something to think about. Although the size is perfect, we wouldn't really have any more than 150, I think.

I have a feeling the Boston Renaissance will be perfect.

Also, about the Hyatt in Cambridge, my cousin had his wedding there in 2007, and it was gorgeous, but they had a terrible experience with the coordinator. Someone stole three coats from the coat check (wedding was in Feb), and the coordinator was no where to be found the whole night. It wasn't a pretty sight for the bride (my cousin's wife).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Wow, thanks for the tip Wed! :) I will look into it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

The Millennium Hotel looks incredible. A ballroom on the top floor that is all floor to ceiling windows that overlooks all of Faneuil Hall. But there is no pricing online.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Epigal. Show Epigal's posts

Peonie don't worry about Salem for out of towners! I had the same worries, and ultimately went with a Boston location for convenience, but I think Salem would have worked out fine. A good friend of mine had the same situation, but it worked out great with little to no complaining!

Out of towners can either take the commuter rail/taxi to the Hawthorne (probably a better option for younger guests, about 30 min from North Station), or can take the really cool high-speed commuter ferry (I think it's a bit more expensive than the train, but more fun), or just rent a car and be free to explore the North Shore. Of course some people will grumble at first, but in the end, it will probably be even cheaper than having to stay at a downtown Boston hotel. With the Hawthorne (or really any North Shore location), you should look for good room blocking rates at the Salem Waterfront Hotel too. My friend's guests loved wandering around Salem and Marblehead too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

In Response to Re: Anyone been to a wedding at these places??:
    Peonie don't worry about Salem for out of towners! I had the same worries, and ultimately went with a Boston location for convenience, but I think Salem would have worked out fine. A good friend of mine had the same situation, but it worked out great with little to no complaining! Out of towners can either take the commuter rail/taxi to the Hawthorne (probably a better option for younger guests, about 30 min from North Station), or can take the really cool high-speed commuter ferry (I think it's a bit more expensive than the train, but more fun), or just rent a car and be free to explore the North Shore. Of course some people will grumble at first, but in the end, it will probably be even cheaper than having to stay at a downtown Boston hotel. With the Hawthorne (or really any North Shore location), you should look for good room blocking rates at the Salem Waterfront Hotel too. My friend's guests loved wandering around Salem and Marblehead too.
    Posted by Epigal

Thanks, Epi! I find no problem with it, but I think that too many people are against it. Oh well :(

Right now we are into the Renaissance or the Charles Hotel (my parents love it there), and it actually fits within our budget.

Where did you have your wedding?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Hi Wed,

We would have it in the Regatta Bar, which has huge windows overlooking Harvard Sq! But, I just did the math and with all the gratuity and taxes, it looks pricey. This is so stressful. Why do weddings have to be so expensive?! I was on the phone with my mom last night and she actually mentioned looking at the Omni, you said that the prices include open bar and all taxes, right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from simon08. Show simon08's posts

My wedding is actually scheduled for 10/9/2010 at The Hawthorne Hotel and so far it has been an awesome experience to work with the coordinators there!  very responsive and quite honestly the prices are not too bad - we are having an afternoon wedding - also they now have a "budget" package available that you may want to check out.

I have many out town people coming as well and they give discounts on blocks of rooms for guests. 

I do know many people who have been to weddings there and have not heard one negative thing - food is great, atmosphere is great, etc. definately check them out.

I am working with Christine Turner who is awesome

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schultze. Show Schultze's posts

Peonie ,
    I had my wedding at the Seaport Hotel last year and it was amazing!  Talk about having the staff do everything for you! The food is delicious and it came out to the tables HOT.  I had 226 guests; 168 had filet mignon and some of the guest are in the catering business.  The guests still today talk about the food and how beautiful the boston skyline looked. I had my reception and ceremony in the Seaport World Trade Center Cityview Ballroom.  Ceremony started at sundown.  Pictures were amazing as well.
    The best part of thge Seaport is that they don't have hidden fees.  The valet was FREE to the guests and us.  No tipping is accepted, gratuity included.  The pp was $165.00 NOT BAD for a Boston wedding.  We looked at many other Boston hotels.  You get what you pay for!!!  A close friend of us got married at the Hyatt in Boston....COLD FOOD!!!  Gross!  Guests remember good food and great entertainment!  I can remember every wedding I have been to that had a bad band/dj and cold food.  Don't sell yourself short on the most important day of your life.  Get the best service.