Atkinson Resort & Country Club

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbpell. Show kbpell's posts

Atkinson Resort & Country Club

Has anyone been to or had their wedding at the Atkinson Resort & Country Club in Atkinson, NH.  It's just over the MA border. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated - Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gonzo130. Show Gonzo130's posts

Re: Atkinson Resort & Country Club

I went to my cousin's wedding there in May and it was excellent.  The ceremony was outside and the reception was in the ball room on the first floor.  They did a nice job.  The outside area where the ceremony was was right in front of a beautiful fountain and the reception spilled out onto a lovely patio - it was one of those nice May weekend.  The food was good, as well.  We had steak and chicken and passed apps.  It's obviously a country club setting so the ballroom was rather nondescript but it was pretty and the service was good and I'm sure you could dress it up as much as you want, if you want to make it a bit more personal.  I know they also rented a game room for an after party but I didn't go.  I'd recommend it based on my experience as a guest.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Txgrl82. Show Txgrl82's posts

I've never been there for a wedding but my DH's company used to have their Christmas party there.

Good food, nice setting and the staff was friendly. They did a buffet style dinner, and the room was large enough to accomodate two buffet lines comfortably without being in the middle of the room as well as tables for about 200 people. The ballroom on the first floor has two bars and the bathrooms are right there, which is nice too. The deck leading off the back doors is really nice not only for cocktail hour but also to accomodate smokers (not sure if they still allow it?)

Like Gonzo, I would recommend based on my experience as a function guest.

Good luck!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarah4532. Show sarah4532's posts

I had my prom there in 04 and it is very nice. I remember the food being good- I believe it was chicken with stuffing inside (and maybe cranberry sauce too) but since it was a prom it wasn't anything lavish. It is very clean and the area around the place is quiet. They have lodging which is convienent too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pink07. Show Pink07's posts

I went to a wedding there last fall - gorgeous venue!  Very picturesque for photos too.  Nice size dance floor, good food, nice accomodations for the wedding party to hang out in before they are introduced at the reception, with a balcony overlooking the room (I was in the wedding party).  They also have a pretty grand staircase the wedding party walked down while being introduced.  I don't know how they were to work with leading up to the event, but they did a nice job the day of the wedding.  I think the bride would recommend them to other brides.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbpell. Show kbpell's posts

Sorry for the delayed response, but I just wanted to thank you so much for the feedback on this venue.  I've booked my wedding there for next summer!  So excited! :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gonzo130. Show Gonzo130's posts

Congrats!  I'm sure it will be perfect!  It's so exciting to nail down the venue.