Barn/Outdoorsy/Classic Wedding

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adbevilac. Show adbevilac's posts

Barn/Outdoorsy/Classic Wedding

I am looking for an open barn setting. Something like Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa)'s house/barn. I'm looking for dark woods, an open floor plan, and lots of greenery. Closer to Boston the better.

Another image that pops into my head is something like Simon Pearce in VT but closer.

Any suggestions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Re: Barn/Outdoorsy/Classic Wedding

Hello!  Two places immediately came to my mind:

The Barn at Gibbet Hill

Harrington Farms

I've been to weddings at both places and they were gorgeous!  But both are outside the city.

Good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

I'm not sure if The Meeting House is too far for you. It's in Tiverton, RI (about an hour south of the city). Really pretty grounds and in a very cute area. Right near the ocean too.

http://www.themeetinghouse.info/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adbevilac. Show adbevilac's posts

Thanks so much.

The Meeting House is exactly the idea I have going.
    Thanks for the posts guys!

So excited to see there actually are options out there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Here's another one I found, but it is in Peabody:

http://www.peabodyhistorical.org/wedding_facilities.asp

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

I found this blog post that I remember reading about farm weddings in MA:

I think it's a lovely idea. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

Zukas Hilltop Barn - Spencer, MA, 45-50 minutes outside the city, near the MA/CT border.
    The online pics dont do it justice!! (but I am biased, I got married there!)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from roma-ss. Show roma-ss's posts

In Response to Barn/Outdoorsy/Classic Wedding:
    smith barn at Brooksby Farm in Peobody looks nice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetoplan. Show lovetoplan's posts

I've been to weddings at both Brooksby Farm and Salem Cross Inn and they are both fabulous locations.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

Been to a wedding at Zukas Farm and it was lovely.  Not as polished as this but much closer to Boston is Gore Place in Waltham.  They have very rustic barn and tent area for weddings.  I have been in the barn with furnished very bare bones for a work function and totally done up for a wedding (full lighting, flowers, linens).  You might want to take a look there since you can customize the barn to look exactly how you would like.  Good luck with your search.
    http://www.goreplace.org/rentals.htm

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Omg, why didn't I look at The Gore Place? I have driven by it like a thousand times and never knew what it was! It is gorgeous! :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kristin669. Show kristin669's posts

Smith Barn at Brooksby Farm in Peabody is great! I got married there last May.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jessica9379. Show Jessica9379's posts

I went to a wedding at the Spring Hill Lodge in South Berwick, Maine - it was beautiful. I'm guessing its about an hour from Boston though.

Good luck! 

www.springhillmaine.com

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hartman's Herb Farm in Barre, MA (central) is quaint and lovely, although, not particularly "close" to Boston.  We go there for a lot of our garden vegetable plantings.  The owner is a sweetheart, and the place is always being prepped for a wedding during the summer when we stop by for garden plants.

http://www.hartmansherbfarm.com/