BHH vs. Cambridge Hyatt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EJL1023. Show EJL1023's posts

BHH vs. Cambridge Hyatt

I have narrowed my venue down to two choices--Boston Harbor Hotel (Atlantic Room, not the Wharf Room since we are having only 100 ppl), or the Hyatt in Cambridge.  I wanted a ballroom with a view--both have that, just different views.  The Hyatt is a slightly better deal (a bout 2-3K less), but the BHH is a little more luxurious.  Any feedback on either of these locations? Food, service, whatever.  Anything info that I should consider or that would help me make a decision would be helpful. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

Re: BHH vs. Cambridge Hyatt

I cannot comment from a strictly wedding standpoint, but I have helped plan two events at the BHH and the customer service has been absolutely outstanding both times.  They are a joy to work with and everything has always been delicious and beautiful.  I haven't heard anything negative about the Hyatt, but know that BHH has always been great.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Risa, how was the food at the Hyatt?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ferrickx. Show ferrickx's posts

I beleive your talking of the Hyatt Harborside...it is on the harbor...wondering how many weddings were going on the day of your friends wedding?If you could ask her to e-mail me I would appreciate it.My daughter is getting married at the Hyatt in July. e-mail ferrickx@verizon.net.....thanks for your imput

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

The Boston Harbor Hotel's prices are generally among the highest in the city.

I would not book anything at any Hyatt; I believe the boycott should continue based on their behavior toward their housekeeping staff.   There are so many other choices....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Thanks, Risa! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonGirl82. Show BostonGirl82's posts

We are getting married at the Hyatt Regency in Cambridge this upcoming October. When I walked into the Charles View Ballroom my jaw literally dropped to the ground and I knew I wanted to have my wedding there. Hands down the best view out of all the venue we looked at. So far everything is great. We were about to negotiate the prices so it fit our budget better, and my wedding co-ordinater is very helpful and responsible.

Good luck on your search!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

The BHH does an amazing job and you have a great view in the Atlantic Room.  I don't know about the Hyatt, but the staff at BHH has been there for years and they don't miss a beat.  I think the BHH is nicer and has more character, but that is just my opinion.  I also feel it is more accessible than the Cambridge Hyatt (more public transportation options for your guests).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonGirl82. Show BostonGirl82's posts

They have pictures of the tent on their website. We are actually having our ceremony in the courtyard area. Have you considered that?

Another factor to consider is room rates for guests. When we went to a lot of the venues in Boston they wouldn't budge lower than $300/night as a discounted rate for our guests. While I understand that their hotel rates are higher, personally I couldn't fathom having our OOT guests having to spend that much.

BBH is absolutely gorgeous though. I have been to many events there. Whatever you pick it will be beautiful!