Boston Public Garden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tingli. Show tingli's posts

Boston Public Garden

Hi,

My fiancee and I got engaged in January '09.  We have done NO planning and have been bouncing back and forth with ideas.  Has anyone ever had or attended a wedding in the Public Gardens?  If so, is there anything you need be concerned with?  What is the best time of the year for a ceremony there?

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reader001. Show Reader001's posts

Re: Boston Public Garden

http://www.cityofboston.gov/parks/weddingpolicy.asp

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: Boston Public Garden

I see wedding parties there all the time. It's a popular spot for photos. I've only seen one actual ceremony take place there.
    The only possible cons are that, if you have your ceremony there, anyone who's walking through the gardens can stop and watch- and possibly talk, yell, take pictures, laugh or cry. Wether you see that as a negative depends on personal opinion.
    The other possible con is that there could be another wedding planned for the same day at the same time, I've seen 3 brides and their attendents and guests taking turns in front of the same views for pictures. Again, that can be a deal-breaker for some people, but for others not an issue.
    Tourists and others will take your picture, or a video, without asking you, the entire time. In this day of instant internet, what they do with those pictures or videos is fair game and you can't do anything about it.

Other than that, the gardens are always lovely and I used to walk through them every day on the way hoem from work and it always put a smile on my face.