Boston Rehearsal Dinner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EJL1023. Show EJL1023's posts

Boston Rehearsal Dinner

I am getting married at the Boston Harbor Hotel in October and am looking for a rehearsal dinner location.  Because many of our guests are from out of state and will be staying at hotels downtown, we're looking to keep it in the city.  I'd like the rehearsal dinner to be casual and relaxed, and we're trying to keep it reasonable in terms of cost--we're open to buffet/family style.  it will probably be about 35 people.  Any suggestions???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: Boston Rehearsal Dinner

I love Joe's on the waterfront!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I also love Max & Dylan's. Their food is incredible and very reasonably priced.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

There is always Maggianos in the Back Bay/Theater District.  They have a small room that your group would fit in which also includes its own bar and they do family style italian.  It doesn't have the view the other restaurants have but it would fit a small budget.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mo41083. Show Mo41083's posts

I second Maggiano's my parents threw a small engagement party for DH and I there and my family also had a 75th birthday for my grandmother there.  Both were wonderful events and for the price you can't beat it.  They also have a V.I.P. club (Very Important Planners) club that I believe is free to join and then send you emails on specials for group events.  I made reservations once through email with them and then started getting all the VIP emails. I'm sure if you call and ask they'll start sending you the emails with the specials.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bride2010. Show bride2010's posts

check out the daily catch...right on the water and great seafood.  THat's where we are headed!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkandpearls. Show pinkandpearls's posts

Maggionos is fantastic family-style. Sonsie on Newbury Street has a really cool wine room that holds up to 40 people.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Epigal. Show Epigal's posts

I looked for a whole bunch of places that fit your criteria, but ultimately my out-of-town FMIL picked a place that was not even close to what I imagined (windowless blah hotel meeting room... no idea why), simply because it was the closest option to our reception location, so although this is OT from your original post, if you are not the person ultimately choosing the venue, don't give them too many choices! Go through the options yourself first before showing others. Sorry for that rant.

Boston options that I liked include Avila, Ristorante Fiore in the North End (has a roof deck!), Sel de la Terre (there's one near the aquarium), Upstairs on the Square (Harvard, might be too far and is pricey), Anthony pier 4 on the waterfront, and Skipjacks.

Vinny T's in the back bay has a downstairs room that can hold a big party.

Maggianos has a lot of rooms, but they're in the basement and kind of dark.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

What about The Fours near the Garden?  (on Canal Street).  Just a 5 minute walk from Fanueil Hall.  Great sports bar with excellent food....your out of town guests would probably get a real kick out of it....

As long as there is not a Celtics or Bruins game the the night of your RD, they could easily handle 35 people in one of the rooms upstairs. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: Boston Rehearsal Dinner:
    What about The Fours near the Garden?  (on Canal Street).  Just a 5 minute walk from Fanueil Hall.  Great sports bar with excellent food....your out of town guests would probably get a real kick out of it.... As long as there is not a Celtics or Bruins game the the night of your RD, they could easily handle 35 people in one of the rooms upstairs. 
    Posted by cosmogirl

Do they air Red Sox games?  That could create a problem. Even though the dinner is in October, if you're a fan, you have to assume that the Sawks will be in the Series.

I am not a fan, so I say go for it.  Cool

Sections
Shortcuts