Boston/South Shore/Cape

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KCMDux88. Show KCMDux88's posts

Boston/South Shore/Cape

Hi Everyone,

I need some suggestions if you would be so kind.  We are probably going to have between 160-200 guests.  We're looking at venues from Boston down to Plymouth, maybe a little bit further down the cape.  We would like to have some outdoor space, preferably next to beach/ocean.  And my fiance's #1 requirement: Chavari chairs.  Hopefully I'll see some suggstions I haven't seen yet.  Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Re: Boston/South Shore/Cape

If he's requesting chivari chairs, you should have it in Ptown!  LOL! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KCMDux88. Show KCMDux88's posts

That's funny, I'm the guy.  That's her requirement.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Are you looking for a place that already has Chiavari chairs or are you willing to rent them?  Also do you have a budget in mind?  That might help with our suggestions.

Here's a site that I used to pick a venue on the Cape:

http://www.weddingsoncapecod.com/

Best of luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KCMDux88. Show KCMDux88's posts

We'd like to keep it under $30k.  As for the chairs, how about places that already have them.  She's nuts about those chairs, I don't really care that much, but I don't have much say when it comes to decorations. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Here are a few suggestions for places on the Cape:

Willowbend Country Club - I couldn't find any information on their prices and I would assume it's fairly expensive but it might be worth checking out.  They have views of the water from their deck and overall the place is beautiful.

http://www.willowbendcountryclub.com/

Historic Highfield Hall - This could work within your budget as you have a variety of caterers to choose from; however they don't have an ocean view.

http://www.highfieldhall.org/

From the pictures it seems that both places have Chiavari chairs. 

Any other Cape questions let me know.  We are at the Flying Bridge in Falmouth in May.  It's right on the harbor and has a wrap around deck to provide for an amazing ocean view.  Although, they don't have Chiavari chairs so it probably wouldn't work for you!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Is $30K your budget for just for the reception venue/food or for the entire wedding?  

Iis 160 or 200 more realistic for number of guests.  There are a lot of places that can hold @150, but when you need room for 200, it narrows your options a lot. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Make sure you look everywhere, and don't make the type of chairs that they have make your decision.  We wanted Chivari chairs as well, so we rented them for $1 or $2 a piece.  Many venues have certain vendors that they have a relationship with and will give the venue a deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYEBride2010. Show NYEBride2010's posts

I am doing Indian Pond in Kingston, they have 2 rooms, one seats up to 140 and the other about 300, and they have those chairs.  Great views of the golf course and they are faboulous to deal with!  Good luck!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodie. Show woodie's posts

The Beachmoor Inn & Restaurant
    11 Buttermilk Way at Taylors Point, Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts, 02532

http://www.beachmoor.com/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lucky31. Show Lucky31's posts

AJuly - where did you find the chairs for $1-$2 a piece??

Thanks!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

KCMDux, have you checked out LizinBoston's thread about "Are the C chairs worth it?"  There are a lot of opinions and info in there that she might find helpful.  #1 comment was how uncomfortable they are.  I know you weren't asking advice about the chairs, per se, but I wouldn't want your dear betrothed to insist on these chairs and then be disappointed to find how narrow and uncomfortable they are.  If you have, uh, larger bummed people in attendance....  Anyway, if she knows all about them and still wants them that's great.  But, if she's put her foot down solely on how they look in a magazine she might not know what she's asking for exactly.