Bridal Shower Locations - Waltham area

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie707. Show katie707's posts

Bridal Shower Locations - Waltham area

Hi all,
    I've been reading these boards for a while, but this is my first time posting. I'm the maid of honor in my (future) sister-in-law's wedding this October and I'm looking for a place to have her shower in July. Anyone have any good recommendations for a nice location (maybe a hotel, restaurant, or country club room) that isn't too expensive for brunch on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon? I'm hoping to keep the price per head at about $10-15.

Thanks for your help!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Bridal Shower Locations - Waltham area

How many guests?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie707. Show katie707's posts

She's inviting 80, so I'd say 65-70 probably

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Holy cow!  We had 80 for the whole wedding!  That's so cool you are close enough to your husband's sister to be her MOH.

Anyway, I'm sure the number will help others help you.  I don't really know that area but anticipated the question.

GL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

A hotel brunch would be more in the $30/pp range.

If you wanted to do a hall, the Lexington Elks is right on the Waltham/Lexington line, convenient to 128 and Rte. 2.  It's a very nice hall.

You might be able to then find a caterer who could hit your price range.

A little confused about the number of guests you're thinking of.  Is she inviting about 80 guests to the wedding?  If so, are you planning to invite all guests to the shower or just females?  Exclude OOT guests, children, etc. and your number might be much smaller.  Just askin'.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie707. Show katie707's posts

Sorry - no the shower has 80 guests. The wedding has almost 200. It's a big one! Thanks for the advice!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodie. Show woodie's posts

You could try the Chateau... do they have a function room ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongirl831. Show bostongirl831's posts

Chateau can definitely fit that many people - they have multiple rooms all of different sizes. However I think they're more like $17 - 20 a person, but still AMAZING food! Love it there

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I also recommend the Chateau. In fact my friend is having her rehearsal dinner there in June, and she is having at least 75-80 people at that, so it can definitely hold that many. And yes, the food is awesome!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've been to a party at a Chateau, and it was really nice.  They had a function room downstairs (at the Dedham one) where they served a delicious Italian buffet.

Why does an Italian chain have a French name, by the way?! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie707. Show katie707's posts

Thanks ladies - I guess I should have prefaced by saying I'm a Waltham native and have lived here all my life. I LOVE the Chateau, but it was the one place she requested we not use for the shower. I guess when you've lived with it for so long, it's tough to see the beauty in it after a while! I did find a place though - so I think I'm all set. Thanks for all your help!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Katie - Where did you end up going?  We are looking for a location with a similar budget in the Waltham area.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie707. Show katie707's posts

We ended up going outside the Waltham area. We're having it at the Billerica Country Club. A friend of mine had her shower there last year and it was really nice.

Sections
Shortcuts