Burlington Marriott

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kristyn1277. Show Kristyn1277's posts

Burlington Marriott

Has anyone had or been to a wedding at the Burlington Marriott?  Looking for some input for a June 2011 wedding!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Re: Burlington Marriott

My sister got married at the Burlington Marriot about 5 years ago.  However, it was an Indian wedding catered by the Bombay Club, so I can't comment on the food.  I'd be happy to answer any other specific questions you might have!  The wedding was fantastic and I believe the package was really good, included gorgeous floral centerpieces and a beautiful cake from Kondeiter Meister.  I know my sister was really happy with them!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kristyn1277. Show Kristyn1277's posts

Thanks!  We are trying to decide between this place and the Bedford Glen hotel.  Bedford Glen seems very willing to negotiate, but the Marriott is a step up - just a bit nicer.  Do you know if your sister was able to negotiate with the Marriott? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Hi Kristyn!  Oh, how funny, FI and I looked at both Burlington Marriott and Bedford Glen when we were planning!

Unfortunately, I wasn't involved much when they planned my sis's wedding. But I'm sure they negotiated (my mom always gets the best deal!).  We talked with the Marriott and I'm pretty sure they were willing to throw in a few extras that we asked for (like another appetizer station), but FI didn't like the Marriott, so we didn't get very far in the process with them.

I *really* liked the Bedford Glen, but mainly because we wanted an outdoor ceremony on site and they have a gorgeous area for it.  (Marriott didn't, which is what we didn't like).  We got them to negotiate a lot.  They threw in an appetizer station and they came down about $10 per person in the package price.  They had given us a few packages to look at and I sort of proposed my own and asked for a reasonable price and she gave it to us.  We totally would have booked them if we didn't find a venue we liked better.  Jocelyn was so nice and professional, I had a lot of confidence that the event would be well taken care of with her.

In our venue search, I found that if you ask for specific discounts based on your budget most places will offer you something to attract your business.  Especially the minimums, they were often flexible on that.  Good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kristyn1277. Show Kristyn1277's posts

Can I ask which place you ended up going with?  I'm so confused!!!  Maybe a 3rd option is the way to go :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

We ended up choosing a venue in Cambridge.  It is not a very popular place right now, so I haven't mentioned it on the boards for fear of being judged.  You might be able to figure out which one based on that.  We really wanted a city wedding and we ended up being able to have it for not much more than we would have paid to do it in the suburbs!

My only advice to you is this:  go with your gut and your budget!  We were getting really stressed about the venue until we saw the place in Cambridge and immediately loved it.  We then were able to work with them to get it within our budget.  If these 2 venues are your final choice, maybe visit again (just by yourselves, we did that so we could walk around and talk without the coordinator listening) and see how you feel.  Both hotels are beautiful, but you seeing them compared to each other, you might have the feeling "This is the ONE!".  If you aren't in love with either place, maybe keep looking!  The venue is the most important part in my mind, so if you have time to look around, I'd use it to make sure you are sure!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

I haven't been to a wedding at the Marriot, but my bridal shower was held there. Everything was great- the room, staff, and great food (it was a brunch). Everyone had a great time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Trex, no one should/will judge you. And if they do, I will stick up for you! It is your wedding, and you have every right to choose whatever venue you want, regardless of other peoples opinions. Don't let other people worry you from sharing your exciting news!