Butterfly Place

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from karab819. Show karab819's posts

Butterfly Place

Has anyone heard how The Butterfly Place is for a ceremony?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dani273. Show Dani273's posts

Re: Butterfly Place

Where is it located? I have never heard of it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from karab819. Show karab819's posts

The one i'm thinking of is in Westford MA there's another one somewhere else not sure where... but they have ceremonies in the butterfly atrium.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

It's currently closed, because they had a fire last summer.  You may want to see what happens with their reopening. 

Would you have the ceremony inside WITH the butterflies?   It's *very* warm in there so be prepared to melt!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from karab819. Show karab819's posts

Yeah they are re-opening after their roof actually collapsed last year.  I'm just trying to see if anyone else has any input if they've had it there or if they know someone who has had a ceremony there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from karab819. Show karab819's posts

Re-opening this year I meant to say... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Have you been in there before with the butterflies?  I only ask because I went to a butterfly house in FL thinking it would be so cool, and I had a mini-panic attack.  I hate bugs, and the butterflies scared the heck out of me.

I know, very sad.  My name is Trex and I'm afraid of butterflies.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from karab819. Show karab819's posts

I went there once when I was little and I've been to a different one. I didn't mind it...I'm sorry that it scared you :( That's terrible!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Haha, no problem!  It was pretty funny actually!  Just wanted to make sure you had been in one! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Trex - I actually just laughed out loud in my cube!  Although, I see where you're coming from, I hate bugs and while in general butterflies don't scare me I think a bunch of them flying around would scare me as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Haha, glad I could amuse you!  I actually realized how crazy it sounds when I was typing it out.  But my sister will confirm it, I practically pushed little kids out of the way to get out of there.  It just freaked me out when they try to land on you!  Even though they are pretty, they are still bugs!!

The only saving grace I have is that I went to Cancun with a friend and while snorkeling we discovered that she is petrified of fish.  She thinks they are cute, but if they got near her, she'd freak out!  That was pretty amusing too!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I went there a few years ago. I just loved it. I have a great picture of a blue swallowtail on my head like a living barrette!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Trex-  if it is any consolation a friend of mine is petrified of moths, she will swear to you they have teeth! :)  We all have our phobias.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I also know someone with a moth/butterfly phobia!  She would start hyperventilating if she even thought about it.

She was the only one I'd heard of with that fear, but I guess it's not so uncommon!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from reykjavik9. Show reykjavik9's posts

My cousin recently got married there. I didn't attend, but it looked like a beautiful setting from the pictures I saw.