Cape Cod/Falmouth need suggestions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozzfest160. Show ozzfest160's posts

Cape Cod/Falmouth need suggestions

Hi Everyone,

I just got engaged, heard about this site and wanted to get some feedback on venues. My FI and I would like to try and get married on the cape in or around Falmouth either Spring or Summer 2012. We know it may be a little late and some places may be already booked, but we are just looking around and hoping to find a place that we love.....Anyone know  any info on the Sea Crest? Flying Bridge/Coonamessett Inn? We are welcome to suggestions so Please Please give suggestions and advice. Thank you!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bceagle10. Show bceagle10's posts

Re: Cape Cod/Falmouth need suggestions

Coonamessett Inn is great! - I was married there in 1999 and we go back every summer.  We went with the gold reception which worked out great even though I have misgivings about a "buffett".  The food was awesome.

The Flying Bridge is where we had our rehearsal dinner and that is also very nice but a smaller venue.

Seacrest has great views but the hotel is a bit dated (although I think they are renovating it slowly).

You might try the Poponnessett as well - on the beach and gorgeous.  There is also Ballymeade Country Club.

Best wishes!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

I went to an anniversary party at the Coonamessett Inn several years ago, and it was wonderful.  The staff was very friendly, the food delicious, and it was an all-around great experience.

Depending on your budget, you might also want to look into the Wequassett Inn in Chatham.  I went to a wedding there and it was STUNNING, especially the ceremony right on the water.  I don't know how much the couple spent, but I know it was hefty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats and welcome! 

I don't know the Cape so I can't make suggestions about particular venues, but I bet it's not too late, although, it's close!  Saturday nights might be tight, but Friday and Sunday nights probably aren't all booked yet, and those days are usually a bit cheaper, too, if you're willing to ask for a discount.  They don't make those offers unless you ask.  Be sure to say something about preferring Saturday (if that's the case) and asking what they can do to interest you in a Friday or Sunday night at their venue if Saturday is booked.  You can say that even if you don't care one way or the other - you might as well try to get a discount!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jh2458. Show jh2458's posts

Congratulations! We got married last October at Ballymeade CC in Falmouth. We booked it just 6 months before. It was fabulous. We had our ceremony there too, and they have a separate room for the cocktail party and desserts which the old folks loved. We had about 150 ppl which is almost the maximum but I can't say enough good things about Christine there. We had our rehearsal dinner at the Flying Bridge and it was nice but the service was not as personalized at all!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozzfest160. Show ozzfest160's posts

Thank you all sooo much for your advice and suggrstions. We are going down tomorrow to check a few places out and also have appointments next weekend as well. again thank you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I had my reception at the Flying Bridge last May.  The place was great and the food amazing.  My guests are still talking about the food!  We also did the station style meal.  I found the staff there very easy to work with and we did a Saturday day reception which saved us on the room rental fee ($2,000 for a Saturday evening wedding).

We had a beautiful day in May so the wrap-around porch was wonderful.  If you have any questions or want to see any of my pictures of the venue just let me know.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecod1818. Show capecod1818's posts

Flying bridge and the Coonamest are both great venues.  I would stay away from the Seacreast as it is dated and run down.  I have been to a number of weddings at the Coonamest and they have been wonderful.  There is plenty of places for guests to stay and they have these little cabins that guests/wedding party attendants can stay in.  Would highly recommend them. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KS3456. Show KS3456's posts

I got married and had my reception at Willowbend Country Club in Mashpee. The grounds are beautiful and the food was amazing!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozzfest160. Show ozzfest160's posts

So my FI and I went to the cape over the weekend and had looked at a bunch of places. We checked out the Flying Bridge and had lunch there then we headed over to the Coonamessett Inn, which we fell in love with. After talking with our family we called the Coonamessett Inn and booked our reception there and then called the flying bridge where we are having our RD. We both are sooo excited and the date is May 2012 so we just sneak in there without having to pay summer rates. Now we just need to figure out if we are going to try and get married in a church or just have the ceremony at the coonamessett inn.

Thank you everyone for your help!!

Smile

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecod1818. Show capecod1818's posts

Contgrats Ozz.  You must be so excited and two things you can now cross off your list.  I don't think you can go wrong with these two venues.  Here are two more vendors that I used for my wedding down in Falmouth - Delicious Deserts (for the wedding cake - in case you are doing that) and Casablanca Florals in West Falmouth.  I only have glowing reviews for these vendors.  Have fun planning the wedding.  I found booking the venue was such a huge relief.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IvyLeaguer02. Show IvyLeaguer02's posts

Since someone brought up the topic of vendors on the Cape, I wanted to add that we used Hobart's Fine Florals in Falmouth for our wedding flowers and Sue (the owner) completely exceeded our expectations! We got more compliments on our flowers than anything else. She does exceptional work and is so patient and accomodating with special requests.

Sections
Shortcuts