Cape Cod Private Property venue?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Re: Cape Cod Private Property venue?

DH and I were married on the Cape this May.  Our reception was at The Flying Bridge in Falmouth, it's a restaurant so not what you're looking for but it's right on the water.  Everything about the place was perfect so if you change your mind I would check it out.

Also, I used the following site to help with a lot of my planning.

http://www.weddingsoncapecod.com/

If you have any other Cape related questions just let me know!  Except for our trolley and photographer all of our vendors were on the Cape so I'd be happy to pass them along.  Best of luck with the planning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

Thank you so much for your offer, I will be in touch when I get to the details. I think after Sunday I'll have a better idea if I need to start looking outside the mid-Cape area. There are a few places in Falmouth and Sandwich that have caught my eye.
    Thank you again! Merry Christmas!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Not sure what your budget is but we stayed at the Ocean Edge Resort and it is BEAUTIFUL!!!  I know they do weddings and it looks amazing, but I think it is pretty pricey.

http://www.oceanedge.com/weddings/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Hey kinga, just wondering how your visit to the Cape went?  Did you find your reception site?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

Hi clc51510!

We finally decided on a place, The Corsair and Crossrip in Dennisport. We're getting the two hotels and three onsite houses all to ourselves for all the wedding guests, and it's going to be a tented wedding in the backyard of one of the houses. They're going to let up do firepits on the beach after the reception (weather permitting) and we'll do the ceremony and cocktail reception on the beach and lawn overlooking Nantucket sound. I'm so excited about it, I can't wait to start the planning.

Can you recommend a florist and salon in the area? I have a list of names, but it's hard to tell from websites. Also, I'm heading to the Hyannis Expo this Sunday (more for a mother-daughter day than anything else...I've been to the Boston ones with friends and they are so-so)...have you been?

Thanks for asking! happy New year!
    In Response to Re: Cape Cod Private Property venue?:
    [QUOTE]Hey kinga, just wondering how your visit to the Cape went?  Did you find your reception site?
    Posted by clc51510[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I actually never went to any of those expos so I can't help there. 

Florist - we used Designers Touch in Brewster.  The website isn't great but the two women that own it were amazing.  I wanted very simple bouquets and had a tight budget for flowers.  They were able to work within my budget and do everything that I requested. 

I had spoken to another florist prior to calling Designers Touch and the quote I received left me in tears.  I went to Designers Touch and said I can spend $XXX and here's what I'm looking for and they were able to work something out.  I will post a picture of our bouquets but like I said they were simple.  I did my own centerpieces so I didn't use them for that but I would have in a heartbeat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

As for a salon, we used Hair Waves in Osterville.  That would be kind of a hike for you but they were great.  There were 11 of us!!! And it was a 10 am ceremony.  So they opened the salon at 6 am for all of us and did a great job.  If you don't mind the drive they were great.  I have a picture of my hair too that I will post.

Let me know if you think of anything else! I love being able to share some of my Cape wedding planning advice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Okay I'm overloading you with pictures, sorry in advance...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

Thanks for posting, looks like you had a gorgeous day! The flowers are beautiful, I like the simple arrangements. I don't know how in season blue hydrangeas will be October 1st, but they are my first choice. The flower budget is tight for us too, we want to put more $$$ towards the band. I'll check out Designer's Touch, thank you!

I'm thinking of getting someone to come to the house for hair, since we have the house right on the property that day, so I'll check out and see who travels for that kind of thing. Your hair, and the maids hair came out beautiful.

I'm sure the questions will keep coming! Thank you!
    In Response to Re: Cape Cod Private Property venue?:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by clc51510[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts