Ceremony/Reception Venue < $15K

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tingli. Show tingli's posts

Ceremony/Reception Venue < $15K

My fiance and I are in the process of picking a venue for our wedding - somewhere in Boston, Cambridge, Charlestown, Watertown, Brighton areas.  We're hoping for 9/25/2010.  We would like a unique location that allows outside caterers rather than the traditional stuctured wedding dinner.  Maybe something like a clambake.  We would like to provide our guests with an open bar (beer and wine is OK) or a limited open bar.  Right now, we estimate we will have 150-200 guests.  Cash is tight, however, so I can skimp on the extras - flowers, candles, linens...etc.  Food, drink and a good time are most important.  Any ideas for venues with a 10K budget and maximum 15K? Any input would be helpful.  THANKS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Ceremony/Reception Venue < $15K

I don't know about the venue, but Summer Shack caters weddings, and they do clam bakes.  Check out their website - they have a functions page.

Good move sacrificing flowers and decorations.  We did the same thing and didn't miss them.  No one did.

Good luck!!

~kar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

There's the Commandant's House on the Charlestown Navy Yard. You don't have to be military to rent it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

I'm not sure if you could go anywhere in and around Boston proper for less than $15K. 

SUmmer Shack would be a great idea if you want something a little more non traditional/casual. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Sure you can, I did it. 

Tingli, can you add me as a friend?  I want to send you some info, but some of it is personal and I don't want to post it, but I can definitely give you some leads.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from akire6279. Show akire6279's posts

In Response to Re: Ceremony/Reception Venue < $15K:
    Sure you can, I did it.  Tingli, can you add me as a friend?  I want to send you some info, but some of it is personal and I don't want to post it, but I can definitely give you some leads.
    Posted by dkb6248

Hi! I would love any leads you may have as I am in the same boat and very open to suggestions.!

Thanks,
    Erika

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tingli. Show tingli's posts

In Response to Re: Ceremony/Reception Venue < $15K:
    Sure you can, I did it.  Tingli, can you add me as a friend?  I want to send you some info, but some of it is personal and I don't want to post it, but I can definitely give you some leads.
    Posted by dkb6248

I have added you as a friend.  thanks!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Tingli, I sent you a message!

Erika, I sent you a friend request.

Sections
Shortcuts