Ceremony Site

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shell7. Show Shell7's posts

Ceremony Site

I am planning my wedding for August 2011.  Before I make a deposit on the reception site I want to finalize the chruch.  After several phone calls, I finally spoke to a priest last Thursday.  He went over the ceremony process and gave me a list of available dates. Now that I finally have my reception site, I want to finalize the church but can't get a hold of the priest.  I called 5 times yesterday and kept being told to call back.  I didn't leave voicemails because my message wasn't returned last week.  I just called again today and left my number with the secretary.  I feel like I am being a stalker.  Is it normal to encounter difficulties such as this? I am getting very frustrated!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Ceremony Site

Our priest was, for lack of a word with decorum, an airhead.

When you do finally reach him, ask how long his pre-marital counseling requirements take and schedule those as soon as possible.  Some require personal counseling sessions with him, others a pre-marital retreat with other couples.  His time and those retreats book up, and if you don't complete them by the wedding date you'll have a BIG problem.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Priests can be hard to get in touch with.  They tend to have weekdays off as they are involved the whole weekend at Church.  I know most priest are very busy often covering more than one Church and with funerals and other things your wedding might not be a priority.  (not trying to sound harsh I know it is frustrating).  Maybe ask the secretary when he might be in or even stop by the office.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Calling back to follow-up = not a stalker.

Waiting outside the rectory with a pair of night-vision goggles = stalker.

Is it possible to finalize the church without talking to the actual priest?  Some sort of scheduling person, since you've spoken to the priest before?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I agree with Lucy.  Being Catholic I know of many churches that have someone that does the scheduling and then the priest or wedding person at the church will call you back with questions, etc. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shell7. Show Shell7's posts

I spoke to the secretary several times but said there was nothing she could do. She couldn't even check dates for me. But today I finally got a hold of the priest and finalized our date! I am so relieved that is out of the way.
    Kargiver.. we are meeting with the priest in a couple of weeks and I will be sure to ask about the requirements. Thank you for the tip!

Sections
Shortcuts