1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

cicirose, and news on the venue??

Any news?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Re: cicirose, and news on the venue??

In Response to cicirose, and news on the venue??:
    [QUOTE]Any news?
    Posted by Peonie[/QUOTE]

Yes! That's so sweet of you to remember too!!

Originally I loved the idea of the BU Castle but for a number of reasons it wouldn't work... so then we started looking around at other universities and decided on the Henderson House. (I vaguely remember reading that someone else on here is also having it there?)

We got the contract this morning and it's perfect. The wedding is in May 2010. I can't believe it, less than 9 months away!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

Oh I have been to a party there! it was a 25th anniversary party, but it was seriously so fancy, it was a reception!

It was gorgeous and the food was great!

The couple used the style and stayed true to the period of the house. So they used old fashioned goblets and silver bowls, they looked a little tarnished, on purpose, for the centerpieces and they used all garden flowers that grow in MA. They were more loosely arranged, not like the really tight arrangements you see today. They also used moss.
    It was a great effect.

It was really great.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

That's great!  Henderson House is beautiful!  I went to a wedding there and they had the ceremony on the patio (got a gorgeous day, so it was perfect!).  Then cocktails in the foyer with the grand staircase.  Very pretty!  I also thought it was cool, their photographer took a photo of everyone at the wedding on the staircase with the bride and groom in the center.  Lovely!

Congrats!

PS.  I think Sept2010 is getting married there too, right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Aww, that is awesome! The Henderson House is owned by my alama matar! :)

Trex, I think she is? And didn't Reader just get married there as well? I wonder if she is back from her HM yet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Hi Peonie,  I'm an NEU alum too (2002, oh so many years ago)!  I think there are a few of us on this board.  :)  I was thinking of looking at the Warren Conf Center.  I think you get 10% off for being an NEU grad.  I wonder if you get a discount at Henderson House...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Ohhh, I have a list on my computer for whenever I get engaged of the places I want to look, and the Warren Conf. is on it! I wonder how far a 10% really goes...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

I didn't realize that someone just got married there. I would love to hear her reviews of the place!

I don't know about a 10% discount at Henderson House. They never asked if either of us are alums. But I think we got a really good deal - they were fabulous working with our budget.

And I immediately said that we'd have to take a group shot on the stairs! Now that we have the place booked it seems like it's really real for the first time. We have to think about those kinds of thing... like wow, this is really happening!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

In Response to Re: cicirose, and news on the venue??:
    [QUOTE]That's great!  Henderson House is beautiful!  I went to a wedding there and they had the ceremony on the patio (got a gorgeous day, so it was perfect!).  Then cocktails in the foyer with the grand staircase.  Very pretty!  I also thought it was cool, their photographer took a photo of everyone at the wedding on the staircase with the bride and groom in the center.  Lovely! Congrats! PS.  I think Sept2010 is getting married there too, right?
    Posted by trex509[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am! :) Cici, you will be getting married there before me, so you will have to tell me all about it!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: cicirose, and news on the venue?? : Yes, I am! :) Cici, you will be getting married there before me, so you will have to tell me all about it!
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

You have good taste in venues :)

I'll tell you all about it!! What made you decide on it? Any reason why you picked September in particular?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: cicirose, and news on the venue?? : You have good taste in venues :) I'll tell you all about it!! What made you decide on it? Any reason why you picked September in particular?
    Posted by cicirose[/QUOTE]
    My FI hates the heat, so we agreed to get married after the summer. Although I keep reminding him that September has seen plenty of days that have hit 90 degrees! I originally booked a hotel for our reception and then had major "buyers remorse" if you will. I am so happy I decided to visit the HH, otherwise I wouldn't have known how beautiful it is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futuremrsv. Show futuremrsv's posts

FYI - Henderson House does offer a 10% discount for alums. Definitely be sure to mention it. Cicirose - I'm getting married there in May 2010 as well! =)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

[QUOTE]FYI - Henderson House does offer a 10% discount for alums. Definitely be sure to mention it. Cicirose - I'm getting married there in May 2010 as well! =)
    Posted by futuremrsv[/QUOTE]

Yay! What's your date?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from futuremrsv. Show futuremrsv's posts

5/29! =) you?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Liz, that's why we got married in the Fall - DH hates the heat.  Funny, huh?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mariya01. Show mariya01's posts

Hi ladies,

I just found this old thread and thought I'd join :-)

I'm getting married at the Henderson House in September too!!! So excited about it! Its soooo beautiful there. Is anyone going to the tasting next Thursday?

Sections
Shortcuts