Commanders Mansion in Watertown

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stefmay. Show stefmay's posts

Commanders Mansion in Watertown

First post here. Has anyone been to or had their wedding at the Commanders Mansion in Watertown? I currently live in PA, but am getting married in MA sometime next fall. I am interested in this venue, but the website does not provide much information, and there are no real pictures of any weddings, so I have no idea what the layout is like. I will be flying up in 2 weeks for a weekend to visit some places and book a venue.

Any feedback on this place would be great. TIA.

Stef.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GRX2008. Show GRX2008's posts

Re: Commanders Mansion in Watertown

great place, nice tent and brick subfloor, dont get a raised dancefloor, use a good caterer

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

This is our venue.  We choose it because it fit with what we were looking for, ceremony and reception in one location, not a hotel or country club, can use any vendors you choose, reasonable price, very close to Boston, and absolutely gorgeous.  If you contact Rae or Tammy they can provide you with more detailed information about the layout (it has several large rooms vs. one huge room), options for your ceremony (inside, outside, tent) and many more details than are on the web site. I think they also might have a video clip they can send you.   The staff has been super helpful with ideas, accommodating requests and coordinating with the vendors we have chosen.  They also suggested several vendors that have been super to work with.   Due to the physical set up if you are planning a sit down meal for more than 100 people or you want a large dance floor the Mansion may not work for you.  Also since there are no required vendors you have to find your own vendors for everything which may be hard from out of town.  I am so happy we choose the Mansion and I highly recommend it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

This is not the video clip the Mansion provided me but from youtube here is a wedding and a meeting at the Mansion so you can get at least a look at the place:

Renee and Bobby's Wedding
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQv6TwT6GMg

Watertown Rotary Awards 2008 at the Commander's Mansion
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbucK8E7d58

Hope this helps!