Consumption bar at the Exchange Conference Center

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from viadelsole5. Show viadelsole5's posts

We are looking to book the ECC for our early Fall wedding, we both really loved the space and the food and space rental prices were reasonable.

However, our biggest concern is that they only offer a cosumption bar. We have family and friends that love to drink and are worried we will get slammed with an enormous bar bill.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Any ideas of what the average consumption bar comes to for 100 people?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from viadelsole5. Show viadelsole5's posts

wow that is high. How many people were at his wedding?

They do allow you to limit drinks, we were thinking having top shelf alcohol and specialty drinks like martinis be cash only.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenCardWedding. Show GreenCardWedding's posts

Ask if you can do it on consumption, but put some money on the bar to start with. So basically pre-paid on consumption. That way you won't get hit with an enormous bill at the end of the night. And they should update you on how the bar is going throughout the night. Once the money is used up maybe you could go to cash bar, or just say you'll pay the rest at the end depending on what you want to do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from corkie65. Show corkie65's posts

I just got married at the ECC last month and had open bar. We had about 120 people, the final bar bill came out to about $3600. That's even lower than I had estimated. We didn't have any specialty drinks...just beer, wine, vodka, gin, rum, whiskey, and mixers.

We had a pretty good mix of big drinkers and light drinkers. We were actually shocked by how low the bar bill was.

If you're concerned with the cost, they'll definitely work with you to stay within your budget.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KANN29. Show KANN29's posts

JOEANDKRYSTAL- Do you think the bar bill was so high b/c people knew it was open bar for just one hour and were stockpiling so they wouldn't have to pay for drinks later?
    I have definitly seen that at weddings. I just wanted to mention it in case your experience was scaring the OP :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishchick. Show irishchick's posts

We're getting married there also, and are concerned about the same thing. We decided to just offer beer and wine, and maybe one signature cocktail TBD. We have large Irish families and not a lot of cocktail drinkers, so we should be fine.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhigs. Show dhigs's posts

Hello, I have booked the ECC for next summer and I am
    pretty sure they offer a cash bar as well. You can set it up for 2 hours open bar and the rest cash bar, for example. They seemed really flexible about these options. Did they just recently change the options for the bar?

Sections
Shortcuts