Destination Wedding HELP 2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarah1k. Show sarah1k's posts

Destination Wedding HELP 2010

We have decided to do a fall destination wedding. It's tricky because of hurricane season. We were thinking Aruba or Bahamas I'm leaning towards Aruba because it's out of the hurricane belt. Any feedback on either island?

Also wouldnt guests prefer to do all inclusive aand not worry about it ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Re: Destination Wedding HELP 2010

Did you already post here about this, or was that someone else?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Aruba Aruba Aruba!

#1 it.is.AMAZING! The weather is awesome. It barely rains, and when it does, it is usually at night. Aruba has awesome tradewinds that keep you nice and cool in the hot weather.
    #2 It is VERY safe, so your guests can venture off the resort and see all the sights and be rest assured of their safety.
    #3 The drinking water is perfectly safe, so you won't have to worry about any of your guests getting sick.
    #4 The people are GREAT!
    #5 Aruba has some fantastic restaurants with great food!

I know that the Bucuti Beach Resort does a lot of destination weddings. I will post a link to their site. I actually looked at it, but was quickly told no by my family, lol.

You need to make a decision soon though, because depending on who you are inviting people need to start thinking about vacation time, expenses, ect.

Aruba is seriously awesome. I have never been to the Bahamas, but I can tell you, your guests WILL NOT be disappointed!

http://www.bucuti.com/en/weddings/

There is a woman on these boards, called Kargiver who stayed at the Bucuti for her honeymoon, and loved it. Hopefully she will see this thread and give you mroe feedback on the resort. They get wonderful reviews on Tripadvisor.

GOOD LUCK. Let me know if you want any more feed back on the island. I can give you my email address.

Also, there is an all-inclusive resort right next door to the Bucuti called the Divi Aruba All-Inclusive, that some of your guests could stay at, in case the Bucuti is too expensive. I have stayed at the Divi, and LOVED IT!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

since you asked, I'd say that guests prefer not to spend over $1,000 to attend a wedding.  just saying. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Yes, you will need to be prepared of people declining.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

In Response to Destination Wedding HELP 2010:

We have decided to do a fall destination wedding. It's tricky because of hurricane season. We were thinking Aruba or Bahamas I'm leaning towards Aruba because it's out of the hurricane belt. Any feedback on either island? Also wouldnt guests prefer to do all inclusive aand not worry about it ?
    Posted by sarah1k

Guests would likely prefer you have your wedding closer to home and go on your honeymoon without them, thereby saving them thousands of dollars it will cost to attend.

However, I may have misunderstood the question.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yup, here I am!  There have been so many threads about this, though.  If you do a search on "Bucuti" you'll find a bunch - it's not a common word so you'll find my posts.

Of course, people will and should feel very comfortable to decline a destination wedding.  Even extremely close friends and family might not be able to afford the trip for time or money reasons.  Invite who you'd want to attend, though; don't make the travel decision for them by cutting the guest list.

P.S.  As for all-inclusive or not, it's expensive either way, and some people like all-inclusives and some don't.  Book what you and your fiance want, and know that you'll please about 1/2 your guests.

Sections
Shortcuts