Engagement Photo Shoot - Where?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowren25. Show lowren25's posts

Engagement Photo Shoot - Where?

Hello!

When we hired our photographer months and months ago, we selected a package that includes an engagement photo session.  So Sunday is the big day and I am feeling a little nervous about it.  Mostly because, I don't know where to have it.  We wanted to do someplace outside, and someplace where we could bring our dog and get her to mug for a few pictures.  We aren't taking this super seriously, but it would be nice to have some good photos of our little family. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good location?  I think the weather on Sunday is going to be cold and possibly (likely) raining, so someplace with an indoor option might be good.

Thanks! 
    Low 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Re: Engagement Photo Shoot - Where?

What area?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

We got ours at Larz Anderson Park in Brookline. The pics came out great. Very dog friendly there too!!  There are ponds, flowers, trees and even a skyline view of boston for the pics.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowren25. Show lowren25's posts

What area?
    Posted by pinkkittie18

Sorry - Boston or South Shore would be ideal. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Txgrl82. Show Txgrl82's posts

What about just going down to Faneuil Hall? The steps at Quincy Market could be really pretty with the columns...

Also, if it's nice enough, you guys could take a walk up to Post Office Square and take pics in the garden area...they usually do a really nice job landscaping, so there are pretty flowers and shrubbery around...

Another really pretty place (out doors though) Is behind the Federal courthouse over by the Barking Crab. There's a nice skyline and the boats in the water would look so pretty as a background!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

any place in Boston.. what about asking you photographer what they would suggest!!... maybe inside of a nice hotel... or even the copley place mall indoors... I would start with that.. or what about changing the date.. and then you would be better prepared for the weather!!!

Staci

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

The Harborwalk down by the ICA is really great, as long as it doesn't rain.

If you go to Columbus Park down by the Aquarium, they have a nice little covered walkway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

If you do the Harborwalk down by the ICA make sure to go to the Boston Harbor Hotel under the arch and the headquarters of the Boston Fire Department building which has a great facade.  The Boston Public Library has some wonderful spots to take great indoor photos but you need to be quiet and discreet while shooting in here.  While looking for a photographer saw great e-pics taken at the Arnold Arboretum in JP, the Cyclorama in the South End, the Harvard Boat House on the Charles River, in Harvard Square,  the sculpture garden at the DeCordova Museum in Lincoln and at the old Merry Go Round in Hull.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Txgrl82. Show Txgrl82's posts

november, I was just going to suggest that archway! It's sooo pretty and it looks cool when you can see the dock on the other side

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

Txgrl,
    The archway is great for photos no matter what the weather or time of day.  Have you been to the movies the hotel offers outside for free on Friday nights in the summer?  Its a good cheap date night thing to do and you can not beat the scenery.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jenna4d. Show Jenna4d's posts

Hi.  I just did mine in Boston.  I started in the Navy Yard in Charlestown and got some really nice shots with the city as a backdrop.  Then we moved to the Esplanade near the hatch shell and got some there.  If you like the docks and greens (floral) it's a great spot and then we just walked a little up and got some great shots in the Back Bay.  It was great because it gave a lot of lines and colors that the photographer had fun with.  Also, I would recommend if you go in the fall to use Charles ST. in Beacon Hill.  Such a Boston feel and romantic setting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Txgrl82. Show Txgrl82's posts

Txgrl, The archway is great for photos no matter what the weather or time of day.  Have you been to the movies the hotel offers outside for free on Friday nights in the summer?  Its a good cheap date night thing to do and you can not beat the scenery.
    Posted by november2009

No, I didn't even know about them! I will have to keep an eye out...I will definitely be up for a few date nights this summer! Thanks for the tip :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigirl627. Show Trigirl627's posts

Jeff Turner just did really cool family portraits on the South Shore. Here's a link to his blog http://www.jeffturnerphotography.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112&catid=10 . I just did a google image search on Brewster Gardens, as well and it looks really pretty.

We decided to take the hike up to the North Shore to do ours and a little video thingy at Lynch Park in Beverly -- so worth the drive. http://www.bevrec.com/RoseGarden.html

Sections
Shortcuts