exchange conference center

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishchick. Show irishchick's posts

I can't speak to having cocktail hour upstairs because my wedding at the ECC is this coming July. But I did want to mention that we are thrilled with the venue, very pleased with the service (and flexibility) so far, super excited about our tasting and overall extremely pleased with our decision to get married there. We got a great room rate at the Seaport and many of our guests (even ones who live in the Boston suburbs) are planning to stay at the hotel and make a weekend out of our downtown Boston wedding experience. Good luck and I'll hope neither you nor I get rain so we can both enjoy that awesome patio!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishchick. Show irishchick's posts

Haha, the name is kind of crappy but our invitations will look gorgeous regardless! It didn't deter me!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreChic. Show SShoreChic's posts

I wish they would change the name of it. Who wants to put on the invitation, Exchange Conference Center. I bet that is a big draw back for when people go to look at it too. So stupid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jetblueeyes. Show jetblueeyes's posts

I agree about the ridiculous name...Went to a wedding there and the food was awful, Let me just say that I would not want Legal seafoods catering my wedding, and you simply have no choice there. Tastings are a waste of time and false reassurance. cookng for two vs 150 are two different things, people don't think of that often and judge the whole experience by two plates of food. The rooms are pretty anticeptic and feels like a trade show space to me. rent chivari chairs, do some lighting, obsess over the food, and don't stick the DJ on the balcony. forget tacky white chair covers...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

SShore I know what you mean! Ours is at The Shaw's Center & my dad was convinced we were getting married at a supermarket! I just added "at Campanelli Stadium" to the invitation & am hoping it sounds better :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bride2010. Show bride2010's posts

I just looked at the exchange conference center and it was great...if the weather is nice. I am having a summer wedding and I was wondering if anyone had experience with cocktail hour upstairs? If the weather is good the patio is perfect, but I am concerned about the upstairs flow with 140 people....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishchick. Show irishchick's posts

That's great feedback, brydetobe! We're really excited about the venue and have really fun decorating ideas.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishchick. Show irishchick's posts

Jetblueeyes, we are doing all of those things you suggested to make the space less antiseptic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhigs. Show dhigs's posts

Thanks for the offer irishchick! I will keep it in mind as I am still brainstorming on decorations.

I think we were going to use Boston Uplights so it is good to know that you are using them and they will be familiar with the location.

Everyone we have dealt with at ECC has been great. To be honest, I havent really had much contact with them lately, but I think we will do our tasting in the near future and I'm excited about that!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishchick. Show irishchick's posts

PS - dhigs, if you are interested in anything I described that we're using for our wedding, maybe we can do some cost-sharing. We're buying the table runners from someone on Etsy.com ($70), buying the napkin rings (around $100) and have bought the luminiaries ($23) already. No pressure, though!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishchick. Show irishchick's posts

Thank you! We are super excited. I found Lumabase luminaries online that have very sturdy bases and cool designs. We bought the 12 pack of star luminaries and thought they would be cool since we're getting married on July 3. The ECC puts white lights on the fences already. Flower poms along the fences would be really cool, too.

Boston Uplights is doing our lighting and they are $995 for the uplights, though we're also going to use some of the lighted centerpiece bases as well. Our linens, chairs and serp table are coming from Bay State Party.

Hasn't the ECC been great to work with so far?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishchick. Show irishchick's posts

Our tasting is in a few weeks! I'm really excited. They've let us customize the menu which is great b/c the menu is rather basic as-is. We're having a plated dinner with some clambake-type food (chowder, steamers, lobster), plus filet and interesting side dishes. I'll let you know if there are any red flags after the tasting.

My biggest challenge has been trying to find a way to make the space less than plain looking during the ceremony, which at 6:30pm in July will still be daylight. We've settled on aisle runners and two tall dramatic ceremony pieces but still want more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhigs. Show dhigs's posts

Irishchick I can picture it now...it will be beautiful.
    We are renting navy linens as well as some uplighting. The space is great with the high ceilings, but needs a little color.

I really love your idea of the luminaries on the pier! I wasnt sure if there would be a lot of people outside once the cocktail hour was over. I was thinking of hanging flower poms (I think that is what they are called) along the fence.

thanks for sharing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishchick. Show irishchick's posts

We're getting married on July 3. Here's a list of the things we're doing for decor (definitely obsessing over this!):

*weighted luminaries on the pier (lit after sunset)
    *renting Chivari chairs (silver w/ white cushion)
    *renting an 8' serpentine table with linens to spice up the bar
    *renting navy linens and napkins
    *bringing in silver napkin rings
    *bringing in silver table runners
    *hiring a lighting designer
    *dramatic floral design (my partner is doing all our flowers)
    *ceremony aisle runners (we are having two aisles)

We've also chosen our own wine (not on their list) and signature cocktail.

ETA: Sparklers!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhigs. Show dhigs's posts

Thanks for the feedback brydetobe! We have booked the venue for August and I am really excited about it....I hope the weather holds out so we can do the cocktail hour outside.

Did you have a sit down dinner? We were planning on doing stations/buffet style. What were some of your favorite choices?

Irishchick, when is your big day?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brydetobe. Show brydetobe's posts

I know this is late to the topic but I got married there and loved every bit of it. We had a gorgeous fall day and fought for the cocktail hour to be outside. They compromised by having the bar inside so people could go in there if they were cold but everyone was outside with the gorgeous view. I'm not sure how the upstairs would have worked.

I love that it was simple - no tacky patterned rugs or wallpaper. Three story high ceilings, natural light, wooden floors, neutral walls - loved all of it. We got so many compliments on the venue. Who cares what the name is??

The food was amazing - have i mentioned the compliments? They customized a few dishes for us after the tasting and were very accomodating with 3 options - at their prices. There's no hidden fees and they throw in a lot. I got the nicer chairs for free since someone else had them for their wedding the day before us- I wouldn't have cared about the other ones.

This was the only place we looked at and it could not have been more perfect.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhigs. Show dhigs's posts

Re: exchange conference center

Irishchick I hope your wedding went well and I cant wait to hear about it. I was just searching through the board today and saw that you got married yesterday! Congrats!