Feedback on Ocean View Inn and Resort?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from flem26. Show flem26's posts

Feedback on Ocean View Inn and Resort?

Does anyone have experience with this venue in Gloucester? Seems like a great option but didn't feel that I was really being listened to when asking about date availability, etc. so I'm a little wary.  Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from reversecurve. Show reversecurve's posts

Re: Feedback on Ocean View Inn and Resort?

I have not heard great things about the management there.  Over the past 6 years I've been to 6 weddings at this venue so I know it's very popular but I can't understand why.
    The views are lovely, but if you have the ceremony outside you are on a very busy street with all kinds of traffic going by (usually honking, and on one lovely occassion shouting an obscenity).  The chairs for the guests are white plastic, covered with mold and generally disgusting.
    The inside space is poorly set up - guests can't see the dance floor, and the last wedding I attended there, they squished tables onto the dance floor and then after dinner removed them so people could dance, but anyone who had been seated there then had no place to sit. 
    The food is mediocre at best, usually tasteless chicken.  The motel rooms onsite, unless they have been updated in the past two yearsm are totally overpriced, smell of mold and cigarette smoke.
    I know the view is lovely, but you get the same view next door at the Elks (if it's available) and I've been to lovely weddings there.
    Just my opinion, but I'd tell you to totally avoid this place.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from italianqueen. Show italianqueen's posts

If you want to stay in the Gloucester area, check out Cruiseport.  Absolutely beautiful venue.  No area to have ceremony outside, but they have indoor ceremonies. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from flem26. Show flem26's posts

Thanks - I'm going to stick with my first instinct on this one. I got a real insincere vibe and I feel like they were just spewing information that they thought I wanted to hear, without actually answering my real questions.

Thanks for the feedback!