Feedback on South Shore Venues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Feedback on South Shore Venues

As long as the snow gives me a break this weekend I'm going to try to see the following venues for the first time on Saturday.  Any feedback on these places would be appreciated.  I'm hoping to have both the ceremony and reception onsite and now that we're finally done with the guest list we're expecting a little over a hundred people.

Scituate Country Club
    River Club, Scituate
    Red Lion Inn, Cohasset
    Jones River Trading, Kingston
    Plymouth Yacht Club
    Coonamessett Inn, Falmouth

Hoping it will be a very productive day!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Re: Feedback on South Shore Venues

I have not really heard good reviews of the Red Lion Inn. Cold food, waited an hour for food etc. Just google it or look on yelp etc, and you will see the reviews.  Some may have had good experiences there but the management has changed hands so many times that they can't get their act together.  People fall in love with the atmosphere though and thats how they su*ck people in.  I would just be wary...I looked into having my wedding there and with all the HORRIBLE reviews I said forget it, it's not worth the risk. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Wish I had more input, but all I can say is that my friend had been to a wedding at Scituate Country Club and she recommended it to me. 
    I never ended up seeing it because I think with the size of our guest list we would have had to use a tent?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetoplan. Show lovetoplan's posts

My wedding was at Barker's and I can't say anything but positive remarks about it.  My cousin's wedding was at Plymouth Yacht Club and it was also very nice.  The room was smaller, but right on the water.  The food was good, but I think The Barker Tavern has some of the best food in the area, so, I'm biased.  They're two different function rooms.  The ceiling at the Yacht Club seemed really low, Barker's has the high post and beam ceiling.  I don't think either location can accomodate more than 200 people. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I went to a wedding at the Coonamessett in October and it was beautiful!  The food was awesome, they did the station option which worked well for me because I'm a picky eater. 

If you're considering the Coonamessett you may also want to look at The Flying Bridge.  It's just down the street and they are owned by the same company. I'm partial to The Flying Bridge because I'm getting married there in May and I love having the view of the ocean.

Good luck!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone.  I ended up falling in love with Southers Marsh Golf Club after visiting.  Surprising since I had just found it on an online search the day before and it was a last minute stop.

So excited for the wedding, Sept 18th!