Hammond Castle, Gloucester - thoughts/recommendations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

Hammond Castle, Gloucester - thoughts/recommendations

Hello all,

I just reserved Hammond Castle for my wedding in 2010!  I was wondering peoples thoughts on the venue and if anyone has been to / or gotten married there.  The venue holds 90 guests and does not have room for a band.  I already have a photographer and florist, but am looking for recommendations for any full service caterers and DJ's as well as hotels in the area as most guests will be traveling approximately 1.5 - 2 hours.  We would like to keep costs as low as possible.  I appreciate any and all input. 

Thanks!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fall08Bride. Show Fall08Bride's posts

Re: Hammond Castle, Gloucester - thoughts/recommendations

I went to a wedding there a few years ago and it was beautiful.  As I remember they got married in a large room and then we had cocktails in the room that has the courtyard in the middle, dinner on the lawn and then a DJ set up in the room where the ceremony had taken place.  It was beautiful!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

Re: Hammond Castle, Gloucester - thoughts/recommendations

I'm glad you liked it!!  I think we are doing the ceremony and reception in the grand hall..and cocktail hour on the lawn depending on the weather.  If its raining, we plan to have cocktail hour in the courtyard while they change the room over.  The HARD part is going to get the list to 90!!!!