Hellenic center in Ipswich

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

My cousin got married there a Long time ago (@1995?), and I also had my Junior prom there! The grounds are beautiful, there is plenty of parking, and I've only heard good things about Vinwood catering. You could also get some cool pictures in Ipswich near the river, on the beach, etc...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CityGirl07. Show CityGirl07's posts

I looked at the Hellenic Center for my wedding. We loved it, but the main drawback was the rain plan. We had too many to make it comfortable to have the ceremony inside (thought about 175). Other than that it's a beautiful place.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from roma-ss. Show roma-ss's posts

[Quote]I looked at the Hellenic Center for my wedding. We loved it, but the main drawback was the rain plan. We had too many to make it comfortable to have the ceremony inside (thought about 175). Other than that it's a beautiful place.[/Quote]

Where did you end up. I think my son and his fiancee are thinking around 120. If it rained would it be possible to do the ceremony on that porch?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Smith - they most likely could not do the wedding on the porch - it's not very big. Vinwood Catering recently bought the Hellenic and I've heard they may be upgrading things... you may want to talk to the Vinwood rep to find out what the plans are.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from roma-ss. Show roma-ss's posts

Thanks, I will definitly suggest that my son and his fiancee call them. The website looks nice and the grounds look beautiful as long as it doesn't rain.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CityGirl07. Show CityGirl07's posts

Smith, we ended up at Willowdale in Topsfield. It was absolutely beautiful and the rain plan was to have the ceremony under the tent (with chairs for everyone). Luckily we got a beautiful day, but it was good to be okay with the rain plan!

The indoor ceremony at the Hellenic Center is off to the side, and they just wouldn't have had enough space to set up chairs for everyone. I'm not sure what the max was for chairs.

The grounds are beautiful. I also had a prom there and have lots of nice (although embarrassing!) pictures. That was also part of the reason I didn't really want to have my wedding there.

I do highly recommend Willowdale, it was wonderful and the food was incredible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from roma-ss. Show roma-ss's posts

Re: Hellenic center in Ipswich- recent review!

In Response to Hellenic center in Ipswich:
    Smith, we ended up at Willowdale in Topsfield. It was absolutely beautiful and the rain plan was to have the ceremony under the tent (with chairs for everyone). Luckily we got a beautiful day, but it was good to be okay with the rain plan! The indoor ceremony at the Hellenic Center is off to the side, and they just wouldn't have had enough space to set up chairs for everyone. I'm not sure what the max was for chairs. The grounds are beautiful. I also had a prom there and have lots of nice (although embarrassing!) pictures. That was also part of the reason I didn't really want to have my wedding there. I do highly recommend Willowdale, it was wonderful and the food was incredible.
    Posted by CityGirl07

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from roma-ss. Show roma-ss's posts

Re: Hellenic center in Ipswich

I just thought I would give an update.  We just recently had our son's wedding ceremony and reception at the Hellenic Center and it was wonderful.  The food was terrific and provided by Vinwood Catering.   The staff was very attentive and the appetizers were plentiful! 

Sections
Shortcuts