HH, Salem, MA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

HH, Salem, MA

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KAM2007. Show KAM2007's posts

Re: Hawthorne Hotel in Salem, MA

I got married there in 2007-and LOVED it. What type of info are you looking for? Everyone raved about the food(we did surf and turf); the staff was excellent and professional. We enjoyed working with the staff, they made special dishes reflecting DH's home country. Flew his country's flag for the entire wedding weekend which my ILs loved. Lots of little details like that were nice to see. The cocktail reception upstairs was really nice, it was a little longer than an hour, but not much since we got married in the ballroom then had it switched for dinner and dancing. We took lots of great pictures in the hotel, and nice ones in the park next door-even with a so-so photographer. we had about 100 people and the ballroom seemed like a perfect size. We negotiated our contract to spend a certain $$ amt, not a person count-so that saved us money and gave us lots of little perks that were fun-chocolate covered strawberries for everone at the end of the evening...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Re: HH, Salem, MA

KAM, thank you so much!  That's all very good information.  I think she's doing a choice of 3 options (chicken, steak, and fish). 

I haven't been there in years and years, and I wasn't sure where they were going to have the cocktail hour. 

Also, how is the parking there?

And, we are staying there the night of the wedding.  Did you stay at the hotel that evening?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Goodness, I stayed in the hotel the night before my wedding and the night of my wedding [wedding itself was down the street].  The rooms are decent sized, but the bathroom is TINY.  Also,  the bed could have been a bit more comfy.  I don't like soft beds and this bed was too soft and lumpy.  I'm not a big fan of squishy pillows either.  Then again, most hotels I've stayed in recently have had beds that are too soft IMO, so it could be normal.

Their room service was great, though.  And I did like the period details.  I'd stay there again, no question.  Our other guests who stayed there liked it too. I loved that the non-smoking rooms were actually non-smoking. I stayed in another 'non-smoking' hotel last week in another state and I could smell smoke in the halls.   HTH!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Thanks for the tips!  We'll be staying there the night of her wedding, too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

What happened to the original post?  Am I the only one who can't see it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I can't see it, either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Goody, are you pulling a Clocktower? Wink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

LOL

I didn't see the OP either, but I'm guessing it had some specifics abotu date and location. I know Goodness likes to keep her secret identity securely under wraps. :)

In Response to Re: HH, Salem, MA:
    Goody, are you pulling a Clocktower?
    Posted by dkb6248

Sections
Shortcuts