Hotel room blocks in Boston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Epigal. Show Epigal's posts

Hotel room blocks in Boston?

Hi!

I am trying to find a reasonablely priced hotel in Boston to block rooms for our September 2010 wedding, but so far have completely struck out.

The cheapest I could find was $199 for 1 queen bed, and I'm really hoping to find something around $125-150/night (or less if possible) so my guests can have a more reasonable option. Our wedding is in the Copley area, which makes it even more difficult, and I'd love to find some hidden gem within walking distance of the hotel or a T stop at least.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Hotel room blocks in Boston?

Where is the closest Embassy Suites?  I know there's one in Marlborough, but that might not be practical for you.  If there is one, I highly recommend their wedding block setup.  Reasonable prices, great customer service, no obligation reservations in the block.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

This may not be what you're looking for either, but I figured it couldn't hurt to throw it out there!
    There is a Best Western (Adams Inn) in Quincy, close to the North Quincy T station (redline).  It's about a 20+ minute ride to Copley by T.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Check the John Jeffries House in Beacon Hill.  And, I think the Charlesmark hotel sometimes has reasonable rates.  Also, the Boston Marriott Cambridge, the Omni Parker House, and the Boston Park Plaza sometimes have reasonable rates...

Also try hotelplanner.com.  I haven't used them but have heard good things.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

p.s. when you call the Marriott about event planning you need to speak to their regional sales office, so ask about all hotels in the area.  I kept calling them back seperately for each Marriott in the area, b/c I didn't realize it was the same desk!

p.p.s. maybe you already shared, but if not--where will the wedding be?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

There is a Crowne Plaza in Newton, which is literally two seconds from the Mass Pike, which would take about 5-7 minutes to get to Copley. I am guessing their prices wouldn't be too bad. It is in Newton Corner, right near Watertown Center.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Also, the Midtown Motel, which is right on Huntington Ave. might be an option. It isn't "luxurious", but if some of your guests are only staying one of two nights, they will be OK with that, I'm assuming.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

In Response to Re: Hotel room blocks in Boston?:
    [QUOTE]There is a Crowne Plaza in Newton, which is literally two seconds from the Mass Pike, which would take about 5-7 minutes to get to Copley. I am guessing their prices wouldn't be too bad. It is in Newton Corner, right near Watertown Center.
    Posted by lizinboston[/QUOTE]

This hotel is very convenient to the highway. And also just a thought for your guests - if they wanted to save cab fare the express bus runs from right across the street into Copley with no stops. Not glamorous but it's easy and cheap!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Cici, what hotel are you using for HH? I was thinking maybe the Newton Marriott, but if there is anything closer to Weston, I am all for it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Epigal. Show Epigal's posts

Thanks everyone! The wedding is at the Colonnade Hotel. I'm going to look into these other places this week. I didn't even think about the smaller places like John Jeffries and Charlesmark because I assumed they would be more expensive, but they look like great options!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

liz, there are a ton of hotels in Waltham just one or two exits up from Route 20/Route 30.  Might give you more price options.  Including extended stay suite places, etc.  There are some tucked back near the Westin that you can't see from the road. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

liz, we are also thinking of the Newton Marriott or the Hotel Indigo near Riverside. A few of our guests have special requirements and/or tight budgets so we are also looking into the hotels in Waltham that cosmo mentioned and some others along Rt. 9 in Framingham/Natick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazza74. Show amazza74's posts

In Response to Hotel room blocks in Boston?:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I am trying to find a reasonablely priced hotel in Boston to block rooms for our September 2010 wedding, but so far have completely struck out. The cheapest I could find was $199 for 1 queen bed, and I'm really hoping to find something around $125-150/night (or less if possible) so my guests can have a more reasonable option. Our wedding is in the Copley area, which makes it even more difficult, and I'd love to find some hidden gem within walking distance of the hotel or a T stop at least. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Posted by Epigal[/QUOTE]

Have you called Holiday Inn? They have a location near Beacon Hill.
    http://www.hisboston.com/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Epigal. Show Epigal's posts

Just for an update - the Charlesmark doesn't block rooms because they're such a small hotel. The Marriott Copley surprisingly didn't have terrible rates, and the Marriott on Tremont St was pretty good too.

Jasmine - hotelplanner.com was a great help! They give you a huge amount of information, but there are a lot of hotels to choose from, and they found a few with really great rates! I'd recommend anyone just giving it a chance. I got 30 bids in just 1 day. Although some were located too far away (Andover, Hull...), others were right in my target area.

Amazza - I didn't realize there was a Beacon Hill location, I'll definitely check that out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

glad you've found some promising options!  I wasn't sure about Charlesmark, but I'm pretty sure that John Jeffries does blocks.  (at least, they used to--I blocked there before...)  So they are worth calling.

The big hotels (Marriott, Park Plaza, etc.) can be reasonable or super expensive--it all depends on the particular date, and whether they have booked a convention or conference or it's a graduation weekend or whatever...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Also--check the Back Bay Hotel (formerly Jury's Boston) and the Back Bay Sheraton if you don't already have quotes from them.  There are so many hotels in this area!  I keep thinking of more.  I remember someone posting a really competitive block rate from the Jury's in particular.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Jasmine, The Back Bay Sheraton is a good suggestion, but I was in a wedding in 2007, where the reception was held there, and the rate was $208!! And that was 2 years ago!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

liz--it's totally dependent on the particular date.  I called about 30 hotels in Boston and Cambridge for a room block for my wedding and besides the John Jeffries House, the lowest rate I could find was $219 at the Cambridge Marriott. (And yes, I called many hotels you'd think would be less expensive--Holiday Inn, Courtyard Marriott, etc., etc.)  My wedding was on a graduation weekend for several area colleges, so there wasn't much space to negotiate. 

What I'm saying is, $208 may (or may not) have been a good rate.  For my wedding weekend, that would have been a fantastic rate. 

Sections
Shortcuts