Hotel Venue?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from netsr. Show netsr's posts

Hotel Venue?!

Hello -

Although the boards haven't been to active lately (unfortunately, now that I actually need the help!), I'm hoping to throw out the question and see if anyone is able to provide some ideas...

I'm looking for a venue in a hotel (with the main goal of convenience for the guests) that is reasonably priced (under $15k for rental, food, etc. for about 150 guests).  Character, a nice setting, etc. would be a great plus and it would have to be about an hour to an hour and a half from Boston. 

So far, I've looked at the Newton Marriot and the Waltham Westin.  Any other suggestions along these lines?  I would greatly appreciate any thoughts you can provide!

Netsr

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: Hotel Venue?!

In response to netsr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hello -

Although the boards haven't been to active lately (unfortunately, now that I actually need the help!), I'm hoping to throw out the question and see if anyone is able to provide some ideas...

I'm looking for a venue in a hotel (with the main goal of convenience for the guests) that is reasonably priced (under $15k for rental, food, etc. for about 150 guests).  Character, a nice setting, etc. would be a great plus and it would have to be about an hour to an hour and a half from Boston. 

So far, I've looked at the Newton Marriot and the Waltham Westin.  Any other suggestions along these lines?  I would greatly appreciate any thoughts you can provide!

Netsr

[/QUOTE]

Check out the Hawthorne Hotel in Salem.  We considered it, but it didn't suit our needs. They have a gorgeous facility. HTH!  There are also some nice places in southern NH.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from simon08. Show simon08's posts

In response to netsr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hello -

Netsr

[/QUOTE]

We actually had our wedding at The Hawthorne Hotel in Salem which was mentioned in a reply and it was FABULOUS!!! the staff was outstanding, the food was fabulous and the atmosphere was perfect, we got married in October on a Saturday afternoon and the guests where then able to enjoy Haunted Happenings after the wedding! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I will second the Hawthorne!!  Truly a top rate beautiful location.  Rooms are "old" and not modern but wonderful atmosphere.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

Hilton Boston/Woburn 2 Forbes Road, Woburn, Massachusetts, 01801, USA TEL: 1-781-932-0999

Right off Montvale Plaza - it's not as quaint as the Hawthorne Inn might be, but it has several choices for ballrooms, a nice pool, easy parking, easy from highway and airports, our wedding guests stayed here (nearly 6 yrs ago now, wow, time passes quickly) and they loved it!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

If Lombardo's has maintained it's quality over the last 15 years (since I was last there), I second that.  Lovely venue.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

I was going to say the Hawthorn also.  Salem is a great place for out of towners to walk.  Shopping, history, museums, restaurants, clubs.   A beautiful park. 

Other ideas - the Emerson Inn in Rockport. 

York Harbor Inn in York, Maine.  Closer than it sounds and absolutely beautiful.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, AB!!!

Sections
Shortcuts