Hotels for Barker Tavern, Red Lion Inn, etc

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LNH721. Show LNH721's posts

Hotels for Barker Tavern, Red Lion Inn, etc

I am planning a wedding down in Scituate or Cohasset, but one of my big reservations about booking one of them is a hotel.  Are there any Barker Tavern or Red Lion Inn brides who can recommend a hotel in the area?  I don't want guests to have to travel too far from the hotel for the reception, but it seems like the nearest hotels are 20 minutes away.  Any suggestions??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetoplan. Show lovetoplan's posts

Re: Hotels for Barker Tavern, Red Lion Inn, etc

You know, I was just looking this up myself yesterday.  DH and I got married at the Barker and since our plans for our 10 yr anniversary keep getting shot to h e double hockey sticks we're thinking we'll end up there for our anniversary this year too. 

The Oceanside Inn is down by Minot's Beach.  It's very pretty and honestly, the prices don't look too bad.

http://www.bnboceansideinn.com/

I was trying to remember what the name of the hotel on the corner where Front St, Beaver Dam Rd and Jericho Rd all come together and I can't seem to find it.  I think it's the Inn at Scituate Harbor but I can't find the website. 

Here are a couple of b&bs

http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/scituate-massachusetts.html

There's also the Cohasset Harbor Resort

http://www.cohassetharborresort.com/

ETA...I'm finding a listing for the Harborside Inn in Scituate right on Jericho Rd near the Barker, but, I can't get a website either. Annoying.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LNH721. Show LNH721's posts

Thank you so much!  Great ideas.  I never really thought of the idea of a B&B.  I was thinking more along the lines of a hotel, but I love the idea of a cozy B&B for guests.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Josie332. Show Josie332's posts

I am attending a wedding at the Red Lion Inn in October, and the couple is having guests stay at the Clarion in Hull. It is about 15-20 minutes, but it's a nice hotel and they are having a shuttle run from the Red Lion to the hotel so people don't have to drive. I think their wedding rate is cheap - $99/night.

Also, I know that the Harborside Inn in Scituate just reopened a few weeks ago. Looks like they don't have a website yet but I drove by there and it's a cute spot!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LNH721. Show LNH721's posts

Thank you so much!  I looked into the Clarion for the reception, but I never considered using it for guests.  Great idea.  Thank you for your help!  Could you let me know how it all works out (ie distance from the venue, shuttle service, etc)?  Thank you!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

My best friend got married at the barker tavern in 05.  We stayed in Rockland at a Sheraton.  They had school buses that picked us up and brought us to the hotel after.  Great bar and after party there too!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LNH721. Show LNH721's posts

Jan2010bride- did you think the ride from Scituate to Rockland was too far?  I guess after a bunch of drinks and a free school bus, no one cared.  Was the ceremony in Scituate as well?  Was it at Barker or a nearby church?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Honestly I don't even remember the ride as we were in the limo on the way there, and on the way back, we were in the schoolbuses which were so fun in themselves!  I want to say it was lik 20 mins.. 

It was a nearby church.. the church was also about 20 mins I think.  It was the grooms hometown church and I'm sorry but I forget which one...