Ideas for a bridal shower venue west of boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoise. Show illinoise's posts

Ideas for a bridal shower venue west of boston

I am planning a shower for my sister.  I have never done this before.  We don't have a lot of money and most places we've looked at are anywhere from $19/person and up.  Then when you tack on the gratuity, tax, room fees, bar fees (even though most people will be drinking non alcoholic beverages) it all adds up.  Originally we were looking toward non hotel sites, to make it a little different than all the showers she's been going to lately.  Any help would be great.  We are thinking of approx. 40-45 guests (which is the number the bride gave us) in the west of boston area.  Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Re: Ideas for a bridal shower venue west of boston

My shower was at Finale Desserts.  There is one in Brookline; mine was at the Harvard Square location.  I don't know if they can accommodate 40 people, but you should definitely call & ask, if you are interested.  They are well below your budget, I think, to serve coffee/tea and awesome desserts to each guest.  As far as I heard from my MOH who planned it, they were a breeze to work with.  On the day of, they were very accommodating and had printed up cute menus for our event.  They let her come early to set up, and were relaxed about it when our event ran a bit late.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nsh1018. Show nsh1018's posts

Why not have it at someone's house.  We did a wine tasting shower for my daughter.  Then all three bridesmaids brought in the food.  They did croissant sandwiches, a cheese board, fruit salad, and some appetizers.  I also had dessert trays made.  The company we used for the Wine tasting was called "A Grape Affair"  They were great to work with.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOVE the idea of having it at someone's house.  50 people, though, is a lot to entertain.  I think that would be overwhelming to most folks.

When you say "west" do you mean the Framingham area or closer to Worcester?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

remembers going to bridal showers in the 1970s/early-mid 1980's.  very rarely were they held in halls & restaurants...they were almost exclusively held in someones home....almost always "potluck" or "party platter" showers..

may be a moneysaver to have in someones home w/party platters...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: Ideas for a bridal shower venue west of boston:
    remembers going to bridal showers in the 1970s/early-mid 1980's.  very rarely were they held in halls & restaurants...they were almost exclusively held in someones home....almost always "potluck" or "party platter" showers.. may be a moneysaver to have in someones home w/party platters...  
    Posted by laryan

By the same token, they weren't 40 - 45 people, either.  As the guest lists for showers got longer, the venues got bigger.  Not many people can accomodate 45 people in their homes very comfortably unless ya'll live in much bigger homes than we do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoise. Show illinoise's posts

Framingham area.  I like the idea of a home shower, but there is no way I could comfortably fit that many people in my home or the other bridesmaids homes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from VanHassle. Show VanHassle's posts

My shower was at the Aegan in in Framingham and it was fabulous.   There's a banquet menu online, but you don't have to use that.  My mother did a buffet and just selected the menu items she wanted.  

I know the sites she looked included the Wellesley College Club,  Natick Crown Plaza (they have a sunday brunch buffet but you would get you're own room) and papa razzi (in Framingham where Bennigans used to be).  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VanHassle. Show VanHassle's posts

In Response to Re: Ideas for a bridal shower venue west of boston:
      Framingham area.  I like the idea of a home shower, but there is no way I could comfortably fit that many people in my home or the other bridesmaids homes.
    Posted by illinoise

You could also see if there is relative with a bigger home who might be willing have the shower at their house.   A friend of mine had a shower at the bride's aunt's house.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Framingham...  I'd have to check out Firefly's even though I don't have a ton of hope it would be economical.  Maybe they have a special deal for parties like that, though.  I love BBQ.  :)

There's also a back room in John Harvard's Brew House.

Sorry, can't think of anything that should be less expensive...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

my shower this past weekend..  a Friday night - let me tell you it was awesome!  I had no idea..  my girls planned it and it was awesome!  it was at Papa Razzi (in burlington though but I'm sure they are all similar).  They just ordered hors d'oueveres for all and had a cash bar - I loved it and I think many of the guests did.  Alot of people were saying how they liked how it was like a cocktail party and a friday night rather than in the middle of a Saturday or a Sunday.  We had about 40 -44 people there I think..  I can't say enough about it.  :-)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Having that many guests will be pricey unless you only have cake and soft drinks, or perhaps a breakfast buffet of bagels, pastries, coffee and orange juice.  Of course, there is nothing wrong with either one.  

To avoid the rental fee of a hall, find someone's home to have it in, figure out how many people you can handle there, and just ask the bride to pare down the list.   You should host the event the way you can best afford it.

I had given my MOH a list but she turned it back to me and said, I think I can only fit XX comfortably, so I trimmed it.  It wasn't a problem at all.

Good luck! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I don't have any suggestions for the Framingham area, but I recently threw a  brunch shower for $12 per person.  It was at a restaurant that does a Sunday brunch.  They had a separate room (don't know what the prices would have been), but they just set us up in a corner of the restaurant. 

Perhaps you can find something similar.  The area that we took over was removed from the rest so we didn't bother the other patrons.  My point is, where there's a will, there's a way!  You will find something that works for you :o)

Sections
Shortcuts