Liberty Hotel, BHH, Intercontinental?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SaraBB. Show SaraBB's posts

I am interested in what people's experiences have been with weddings at Liberty Hotel, Boston Harbor Hotel and Intercontinental. I have seen some posts about BHH and Intercontintental and few about Liberty. I don't love the Liberty ballroom, but think the venue as a whole has a lot of character and is more unique than other places. I'd love to hear any pros and cons about these venues that might help me with decision-making!! Thank you!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from klm44. Show klm44's posts

I am getting married and having the reception at BHH. The service has been NOTHING short of exceptional. We are amazed more and more each time we go there. Our coordinator has been outstanding (our first left, but the transition was seamless and wonderful...but we loved both of these ladies!), the room block contact is fantastic, the hotel is exquisite. I just can't say enough. It fit the bill for what we wanted, and your other locations are great. I thought Liberty was amazing and so chic and hip, but it was a bit small for the amount we were inviting. We go for our tasting next month and are so excited! They have treated us first class all the way, almost as if our wedding is the only one being planned. I can't rave enough about everything. Our wedding is in October so we will be dealing with them often in the coming months. Let me know if you want more info!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anf11. Show anf11's posts

My reception was at the BHH last year, I cannot even begin to say enough about how amazing they were. Every detail was perfect, and they were so great to work with. The room was beautiful, the food was amazing, the service was excellent, and our guests all raved about the place. Again, I really don't even know where to begin in praising them, just that they go above and beyond what I ever could've imagined! I cannot recommend it enough.

The BHH certainly isn't "funky", but I would say the Wharf Room is a little different as far as hotel ballrooms go - the floor to ceiling windows on three sides of the room, the view of the harbor, definitely make it unique. Also, our cocktail hour was up in the Rotunda, which was definitely unique - you are in a circular, bi-level room with views of the city on one side and the harbor on the other - and they have balconies you can out on if it is nice out, too. We loved it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ElizabethErin. Show ElizabethErin's posts

Re: Liberty Hotel, BHH, Intercontinental?

I was married at the BHH in The Atlantic Room about a month ago- everyone said it was the best wedding they have ever been t0. Everything was perfect, and I was nothing but relaxed from the minute we checked into the hotel, until we were leaving after brunch. Totally worth every dime. Michael Bovin is a wedding planning god.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WMegs5. Show WMegs5's posts

Admittedly, I haven't been to a wedding at any of the above.  We did meet with Courtney at BHH and Danielle at Liberty, and both hotels were at the top of our list.  My two cents is that BHH was great to work with, but they were pretty inflexible when it came to the room block.  We were quoted $350 for a standard room, and there is no way all of our guests would pay that much.  I know a standard room normally high, but that seemed a little ridiculous for a discounted rate.  BHH was willing to negotiate about almost everything else, however, whereas Liberty was not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from engagedkat. Show engagedkat's posts

you may have already booked, but I looked at all of those bhh being my favorite, but since they were pretty inflexible, we went somewhere else...
    I do have to tell you that the Ritz Carlton is having some winter special, that if you are still trying to get married in 09 they will give to you...
    we were quoted $150pp + sc/tax inc. dinner and open bar for 5 hours and a 5 night honeymoon at any ritz..
    We actually passed it up for our venue - but i'm happy with our decision..
    For anyone else though, it's an amazing place to get married.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from becauseican. Show becauseican's posts

Hey everyone, because of this post I'm going to check out BHH. We have the check written for the State Room right now but I just feel if I haven't sent it yet then something is stopping me, plus the wedding coordinator we've been working with left this week!! 

Ok so is that Ritz special still going on?  And what else should I know about BHH?  Also has anyone been to a wedding at the State Room?  I'm worried about the pictures at the State Room - theres not too many options there.

Sections
Shortcuts