Loft or Gallery Venue in Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SF2010. Show SF2010's posts

Loft or Gallery Venue in Boston

Does anyone know of galleries or large loft space available for a wedding reception?  I am trying to find a place for a smaller (50-60 person) wedding but would like to stay in Boston.  We looked at Cyclorama in the South End and felt like it was perfect except for the $6-9,000 rental fee.  Thanks!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: Loft or Gallery Venue in Boston

I definitely remember someone else asking for suggestions for loft-like spaces.  Try doing a search!
    Meanwhile, I will rack my brain.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

Did you check out the ICA? I also did a search and the EpiCenter for Artists for Humanity is also rentable. There's also the Old State House Museum. I'm not sure if any of these are close to what you're thinking when you say "gallery".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

didn't someone on here have a wedding at a photo gallery? was that in boston?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

I'm getting married at the Griffin Museum of Photography, and the reception is in their gallery. However, it's not in Boston - it's in Winchester.

If you're willing to travel a little, it's beautiful.  The rental fee for the building and grounds (including the clean up fee) for 9 (I think it's nine) hours is $1330.  The only catch is that your vendors can't have access for set up until 4pm on the weekends, when the gallery closes.  I'm not sure what the timeframe is during the week.

Their guidelines say the max capacity for guests and staff is 100, and we'll be well under that.  We're inviting 75 people and there'll be about 10 staff and vendors.

Frances is their coordinator and she's been wonderful.  Check out www.griffinmuseum.org if you're interested.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SF2010. Show SF2010's posts

Thanks for all the information! 

The ICA would be wonderful but its super expensive.  Artists for Humanity is definitely on our list, a much larger venue than we need but its such a cool space. 

I looked into the Griffin Museum because it sounds really nice but I think we are pretty committed to staying in Boston.

Has anyone heard of any available loft space in the Fort Point or South End areas?

Thanks!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScooterSM. Show ScooterSM's posts

In Response to Re: Loft or Gallery Venue in Boston:
    Has anyone heard of any available loft space in the Fort Point or South End areas? Thanks!!
    Posted by SF2010

You might try Midway Studios at Channel Center (15 Channel Center St in South Boston).  They have a really interesting space that is frequently used for a theatre, but could be a really interesting loft-y wedding space.  We chose a different space for totally personal reasons, but it could be a cool venue.  And there is parking, which is rare in that area.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SF2010. Show SF2010's posts

In Response to Re: Loft or Gallery Venue in Boston : You might try Midway Studios at Channel Center (15 Channel Center St in South Boston).  They have a really interesting space that is frequently used for a theatre, but could be a really interesting loft-y wedding space.  We chose a different space for totally personal reasons, but it could be a cool venue.  And there is parking, which is rare in that area.
    Posted by ScooterSM

Midway Studios is a great idea.. I've been there a few times for open studios and love the space.  Did you talk to anyone about doing a wedding there?

Thanks!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Rap, I am so jealous that you are inviting only 75 people. We just got the guest lists from both sides of the family and it is up to around 195...ahh!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SF2010. Show SF2010's posts

Rap, I am so jealous that you are inviting only 75 people. We just got the guest lists from both sides of the family and it is up to around 195...ahh!!
    Posted by Peonie

We are both a little older (me early 30s, he is mid 40s and this will be his 2nd marriage).  This has given us some flexibility to take a less traditional approach.  You would be surprised how difficult it is to find a space that makes sense 70, seems to be a lot for 30-50 people or over 100. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScooterSM. Show ScooterSM's posts

Did you talk to anyone about doing a wedding there? Thanks!
    Posted by SF2010

We didn't, but only because I have worked in the space (when it has been a theatre, not for weddings) many times, and didn't want to feel like I was getting married at work.  The contact person is Anita Lauricella (anital@fortpointculturalcoalition.org)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SF2010. Show SF2010's posts

In Response to Re: Loft or Gallery Venue in Boston : We didn't, but only because I have worked in the space (when it has been a theatre, not for weddings) many times, and didn't want to feel like I was getting married at work.  The contact person is Anita Lauricella (anital@fortpointculturalcoalition.org)
    Posted by ScooterSM

Thanks!