Looking for a venue? Consider The Topsfield Commons!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfann21. Show patsfann21's posts

Looking for a venue? Consider The Topsfield Commons!

I will be married at the Commons 3 months from today and need to let other brides (looking for a venue) how wonderful The Commons is. Since we booked in April 2008, I have been dealing with Kristi, the owner. She has been awesome. My father had a stoke in Feb. and almost got married in his room because we didn't know if he would survive. He did but with many problems. I had to rescheduled the food tasting in March and explain that I was hoping to have my dad there. June, a few days before the tasting my mom was hospitalized and she couldn't have the meal and they offered to make her broth. The tasting was suppose to be on the main floor and it was for everyone else. Kristi met us at the side door and her husband help me carry my father through the kitchen to a table waiting for us down stairs. She made sure the meal provided was something he could eat. Kristi personally waited on us as she ran around checking on other brides. She is quick to response to emails and accommodate my family in any way possible. I received an email today from her telling me they installed a chair on the back steps to get my father/guest up and down. She said she thought of me and had to tell me first. She didn't want me to worry about getting dad upstairs. I work on an ambulance and was going to bring a chair to carry him  but was worried how I would do it in a dress. I was concerned about others lifting my dad because you need to know the proper ways of doing it. Now thats a load off my mind. I know I paid a lot for this venue but I truely feel most places would not take the time and help my family out the way they did. I assume my wedding day will be handled the same way. If you need a place to get married look at The Commons. Kristi and her staff are amazing. I'll let you know in 3 months!!!!!

Stef

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from campBoston. Show campBoston's posts

Re: Looking for a venue? Consider The Topsfield Commons!

That's a great story.  Be sure to leave you review on WeddingWire.com when you're wedding is over, they'll give you a gift for your reviews.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GRX2008. Show GRX2008's posts

I think it's a touching story, and I hope your family is doing well, The venue has some charm, but I dislike the fact that there is no elevator to go to the main room ( it's a historic building, they're grandfathered...) forget about handicap guests, they have to be hand carried, ad the elderly... who wants guests shlepping up and down 2 fights of stairs to go to the bathroom, I also don't like the stage and the tacky trellis lights, acustics are terrible in there....just my 2 cents, the big day is finally here patsfan! have a blast...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nsh1018. Show nsh1018's posts

Glad to hear things are going well with The Commons.  My daughter had her wedding their this past April and it went off without a hitch.  She received so many compliments on the food and service!  There is a bathroom upstairs and you can have a unisex sign put up so anyone can use it.  It is difficult if you have many elderly guests.  Can't say I noticed anything about poor acoustics.  We can't say enough positive things about The Commons

Sections
Shortcuts