Looking for low cost wedding Venues on the Northshore...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from eldab30. Show eldab30's posts

Looking for low cost wedding Venues on the Northshore...

Hello all, I am looking for ideas on some low cost wedding venues on the northshore. Peabody, Salem, Danvers, Beverly area. My fiance and I ae finally tying the knot after 13 years of being together. I am on a tight budget due to the fact we just moved into a new condo and we have 3 busy kids.

Not looking for anything outrageous. 50 people max. looking to do a buffet style and have the ceremony and reception at the same location. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: Looking for low cost wedding Venues on the Northshore...

Check out the Lyceum in Salem.  We had a gorgeous reception there [w buffet], as did one of my sisters [plated meal - if you change your mind]. They can hold the ceremony onsite for your size group. 

There are other restaurants in the Salem area that could hold your size group [we looked at some for RD b/c we had a RD of about 40 people and a wedding of about 110], but I found the Lyceum to be the best priced.

Some others to check out are Finz, Capt'ns, Victoria Station and others on the wharf. I believe that only Lyceum and Finz could accommodate a dance floor [Lyceum has a separate room for this]. GL.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Alf,
    I agree with the Lyceum. I have never been to a wedding there but to 4 bridal showers. It is a lovely place, but small. Sometimes that is better, if you do not have that many guests. It is cosy w/o being tight. Only problem I see, it does not have handicap access. But if you don't need that, It would be a perfect place for a small wedding.
    Congratulations elba on finally tying the knot. Wish you many happy years together with you husband.
    - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

We had plenty of room for 110 people, plus a 5 person swing band. there was ample room for dancing, dinner, etc.  I went table to table so I know there was room enough for 10 tables in that dining room w/ room to spare.

I forgot to mention the handicap access issue. Yes, they are not handicapped accessible. Other than that, I thought they were the best place around, esp for the cost, for a smaller wedding.  I couldn't find any place on the NS area [actual coast which is where I'm from] that didn't cater to 150+ groups. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from venforknot. Show venforknot's posts

Also check out Angelica's restaurant in Middleton on 114. They have different sized rooms and their meals are reasonably priced and it's quite pretty. Good luck!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

I went to a beautiful wedding at the Topsfield Commons.  The Commons is a historic building, so it felt intimate and distinctive. The food was delicious, too.  I might be remembering incorreclty, but I BELIEVE the bride also told me that she could provide her own liquor, so that's a nice bonus.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

How about the Village Green in Danvers, it's affordable and they are pretty easy to work with.  I recently had my wedding there and I have posted reviews.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from venforknot. Show venforknot's posts

The Commons ain't cheap! lol. My fiance's sister got married there last September and it was $30k for 150 people (and they have minimums on Friday and Saturdays.) But very pretty indeed and if you do it on an off day it would probably help. Just some other suggestions too, although not super cheap either - The Hellenic Center in Ipswich is nice and since it's all catered you can tailor it probably. Check out Cafe Escadrille in Burlington (not North Shore, I know but easy enough to get to from up there). Their prices are reasonable for the amount of stuff you get. And of course Spinelli's in Lynnfield. And the Montvale in Stoneham (a little dated but in a fun Goodfella's kind of way :-) )

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Epigal. Show Epigal's posts

We went to a party at Cap'ns in Salem last summer, and it was really great! They got to use the outdoor deck towards the end of the night, which was an added bonus. The food was delicious too. They have an elevator, but I don't know about room for a dance floor. It's worth looking into though! Great ocean views.

Other options could be Hawthorne by the Sea in Swampscott, Oceanview in Nahant, or Glen Magna farms in Danvers, but I know nothing about their pricing, etc.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

Oh, sorry, I had no idea how much the Commons would be! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from eldab30. Show eldab30's posts

Thank you all for the great ideas! I will be looking into all of them and hope that i find something to my liking and in my budget! Smile