Looking for nice Home for wedding, HELP!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleSpig04. Show LittleSpig04's posts

I have been searching for 2 months and I want to get married next July!

I do not want a wedding venue!!!! I want to get married at a house we can rent for the weekend or wekk on the ocean or Lake in MA, NH or ME. I have checked every single vacation rental website and I cannot find a thing. If anyone out there actually knows of a private home for rent or a bed and breakfast in the locations mentioned above, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreChic. Show SShoreChic's posts

I've heard from these boards that the Bournedale Function Faciltiy down the Cape is exactly what your talking about. You can rent it out for a weekend and all your guests stay there. I'm sure you can find more info online. GL!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nsh1018. Show nsh1018's posts

You might want to check out Eastmann Center in Grantham, NH. They rent houses out but you might have to rent for the week. Some homes are on the lake and some are on a Golf course. Also check out www.vacationrentals.com or you might want to try Craigs List

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

There should be a couple of inns in the Meredith area of NH. I can't remember the names but they are all in the Lake Winni area. There are also some smaller hotels and inns [not chains] in the North Conway area that do weddings [and give you run of the place for the weekend]. Good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

I went to a wedding at the Wentworth in Jackson, NH. It was very nice, and a lot of fun. There is also a small church across the street, which is very convenient. Just a note - if you stay there, the condos/hot tub rooms are much better than anything in the main Inn.

http://www.thewentworth.com/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I know you want a home to rent, but many home that are usually rentable will not allow weddings for fear of being trashed. Good luck, though - maybe you could ask if they will accept a large (refundable in writing) deposit to mitigate their risk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

The nicest wedding I have ever attended was at the York Harbor Inn. They have several buildings, some as small as 7 guest rooms. You can have the ceremony on a cliff over the ocean and the reception was done perfectly.

http://www.yorkharborinn.com/lodging/lodginghome.htm

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

The B&B site that I use is bnbboston.com. They have listings all over the city, in Cambridge, Sommerville, Brookline, and beyond. Some are just condos or rooms in a house, but they have some really wonderful listings. (I just used them for my wedding for a condo on Beacon Hill. Best man used it for a rental on Bunker Hill and MIL used it for a condo in the North End. Everyone had rave reviews.)
    They do have larger places available outside the city, but I am not sure if they would allow weddings or not. I think it would be up to the property owner.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vanessa11382. Show Vanessa11382's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Bournedale doesn't do weddings in July or August, though.

but you could do late June...

www.capefunctions.com

But it's rustic, not fancy. It's a kids camp in the summer but has a lovely function building..the guests stay in the cabins. I wish we could have had it all weekend --- there's swimming, boating, tennis, etc. etc.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleSpig04. Show LittleSpig04's posts

Thanks for the suggestions, however I am looking for a private home (vacation rental) or B&B right on the water with a tent for the reception. My first choice would be on the North Shore in MA. Second choice, Lake Regions in NH and 3rd Sebago Lake in ME.

I do not want a lace that "does weddings" Let me know if anyone has anymore suggestions.

I did sort of like the Bourndale idea but I also don't really like the Cape and they don't do July!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

contact a realtor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kel96. Show kel96's posts

Check the thread for fun bachelorette ideas/restaurant ideas. Someone mentioned they rented a house for a bachelorette party. Maybe that might help. Good luck.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

[Quote]
    I did sort of like the Bourndale idea but I also don't really like the Cape and they don't do July![/Quote]

It's before the bridge, so not really the Cape. Not to mention, people hate July weddings because it wrecks their vacation time. LOL. Bournedale rocks!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from july1009. Show july1009's posts

Ouch, that hurt, Cosmogirl. I'm getting married in July down the Cape. :-(

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

Vale-Not sure why that upset you, my mother in law informed us that if we planned our wedding anytime from July-Labor Day she would not attend for vacation purposes. I know she would have gone to her son's wedding, but I for one hate summer weddings. To each their own.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonskigirl. Show bostonskigirl's posts

I went to a lovely wedding at the Spruce Point Inn in Boothbay Harbor. It was awesome. The reception was held in a tent overlooking the water. The inn had bikes, canoes, tennis courts and adirondack chairs for all your vacation needs. We took over the entire inn for the wedding. The couple got married in a quaint and lovely rustic chapel about five minutes down the road and then took a boat over to the reception. The inn also has a great game pin with candlepin bowling, table tennis and other fun stuff that we retired to for the after party.... they put out grilled cheeses and tater tots- perfect way to end a wedding!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Vale, a Cape Cod wedding in July is my personal idea of heaven. At the Chatham Bars Inn, of course!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from july1009. Show july1009's posts

June08, it didn't upset me. It just kinda didn't feel too good when I heard people saying they hated July weddings. What would upset me is a MIL who would not come to my wedding between July and September for fear it would ruin her vacation plans. Boy, how selfish. I guess she rules the roost, huh? Good luck.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

lol....she is a very weird lady, trust me. I actually got married the very 1st day of summer, which was not my first choice, I was suppose to be married the weekend before, but something came up. Had I decided to get married in July or August, she would have squawked about it, but she would have been there. Trust me I was tempted too though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

[Quote]June08, it didn't upset me. It just kinda didn't feel too good when I heard people saying they hated July weddings. What would upset me is a MIL who would not come to my wedding between July and September for fear it would ruin her vacation plans. Boy, how selfish. I guess she rules the roost, huh? Good luck.[/Quote]

Vale, I'm having a July wedding as well and everyone we've told is very excited about it. Of course, they could be lying! In our family, weddings are just big parties, and who doesn't like a party?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

I'd rather go to a wedding in July than in January or February!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

I hate that we still can't see recent posts....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TammieMarie. Show TammieMarie's posts

Friend used Compass Real Estate on Nantucket to book house for wedding. It was right on water and "off season". I suspect it was pricey, but it is worth a try.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from June08bride. Show June08bride's posts

Sections
Shortcuts