Looking for Venue For Ceremony and Reception

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Looking for Venue For Ceremony and Reception

I am helping out a friend and I have come up with a list of ideas I don't feel like it is as well rounded as I would like.  Here is what we are looking for if you have suggestions please let me know.  Thanks,

• Date Sunday in November of this year
    • Indoor location for wedding ceremony and reception
    • About 100-120 guests
    • Within 2 hour drive of Boston but would like overnight accomodations close by
    • Option of bringing in their own cake (hopefully no additional fees a girl can dream)
    • Option of bringing in their own muscians
    • Option of using an iPod for a reception (The couple are musicians so are aware of the perils of an iPod reception but are also well equiped to deal with associated oddities of such a set up)
    To get a feel for the style, the CHocksett Inn in Sterling is something that is on the to be considered list.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Re: Looking for Venue For Ceremony and Reception

Wendy, my brother had his ceremony and reception at the Publick House in Sturbridge, MA. It was so beautiful and quant! It was very historic, and felt very old New England. I know their wedding had about 100 people. The ceremony was outside and they had their reception upstairs in Paige Hall, that had high ceilings with gorgeous wood beams. I would highly recommend looking into it. It also has lodging, too!

Here is the link!
    http://www.publickhouse.com/default.htm

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'd recommend our venue, the Wayside Inn, to anyone with a wedding that size. The wedding coordinator there, Sandy Brown, was a dream to work with.  It's well within 2 hours from Boston in Sudbury, MA.  It's a historic, non-profit organization so they can't soak you; it was very reasonable.

www.wayside.org

Here's the Inn in November:

DK110908_007.jpg picture by kargiver

Here's the non-denominational Protestant chapel on our wedding day:

DK110908_001.jpg picture by kargiver

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

The New England Aquarium fits all fo the above criteria. I brought in a wedding cake (there is a cutting fee, but you can always have a show cake and then have sheets that are pre-sliced if you want to avoid the fee) and used my iPod for a DJ, but you can have musicians instead. I had about 150 ppl. The food and service was great. Several hotels in the area, including one just steps away.

Laura O'Connor was the event coordinator for NEAQ, it's been 2 years, so I'm not sure if she's still there, 617-720-5115

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GK2bwed. Show GK2bwed's posts

I'm getting married at the Jones River Trading Company, which meets all the criteria you listed above. It is not your typical ballroom, for it has some character to it, which is how we fell in love with it. http://www.thejonesrivertrading.com/

They are really accomodating, and so far Plymouth Bay Catering has been easy to work with as well. A while back I saw someone on BDC's pics from this venue and they were gorgeous. It just looked like everyone was having a wonderful time. There are no additional fees for the cake, either. There are plenty of hotels around, because Kingston is right next to Plymouth.

Good luck!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Thank ladies for the suggestions.

Sept2010- I hadn't even had that on my list I like.

Kar- I had it on the list but the numbers are very tight so I think it will be ruled out but it was gorgeous.

Pink- I hadn't thought of the Aquarium since they were going for an Inn type feel but it looks like the it might be a touch on the small side but I may keep it for a list of widely different places for them to consider.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Promises to Keep sounds like it fits your criteria. promisesnh.com

It's in Derry, NH (an hour from Boston) and there are two hotels about five min down the street.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Wendy I am glad you like it. It is very nice, and the food is so good :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

We are having ours at the Three Chimneys Inn in Durham, NH http://www.threechimneysinn.com/

It is within 2 hours of Boston and is a bit less expensive (if that means anything) b/c it is in NH.  Beautiful outdoor area and rooms. 
    Across the street is also a new Holiday Inn express which offers rooms for guests that are more reasonable. 
    We are getting married in the fall as well and the backdrop here is beautiful 
    A cozy place that seems to fit that criteria!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nsh1018. Show nsh1018's posts

Check out The Commons in Topsfield.  Old Meeting house, hotel within 10 minutes, and meets all other requirements.  The food and service is fabulous.  About 45 minutes north of Boston.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Oceanview of Nahant could work also. They include the cake...but they might work with you on that.  EVERYTHING is included and it is low-stress planning...which is why I love them. :-)

www.oceanviewofnahant.com

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]I'd recommend our venue, the Wayside Inn, to anyone with a wedding that size. The wedding coordinator there, Sandy Brown, was a dream to work with.  It's well within 2 hours from Boston in Sudbury, MA.  It's a historic, non-profit organization so they can't soak you; it was very reasonable. www.wayside.org Here's the Inn in November: Here's the non-denominational Protestant chapel on our wedding day:
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Kar, long of the short, I have two brothers, and when the oldest was getting married, his wife had her bridal shower at the Publick House and that's when my other brother's then FI fell in love with it and decided to have their wedding there. Anywho, my older brother and his wife had their ceremony at the Martha Mary Chapel, which I know is somehow attached to the Wayside Inn, did you have yours there? It was so lovely and quant.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

What about the Commander's Mansion in Watertown?  You can select all your own vendors and even bring in your own booze and bartenders.  Close to plenty of hotels in Cambridge (we are using the Double Tree on Storrow Drive) and the Sheraton in Newton Corner.  Also you might want to look at the Payne and Lyman Estates in Waltham, close to all the Rt 128 hotels.  They have preferred vendors but my friends have worked around this.  Good luck with your search!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Thanks guys, all great suggestions and I put them all in a spreadsheet with costs (if known) etc and the bride and groom are evaluating them.