Low budget-low key venues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazza74. Show amazza74's posts

Low budget-low key venues

Hi all, I have already gotten so many great venue ideas here from looking at other threads but I'm hoping to pick brains even more. We're looking for something that must allow outside catering (as my man is a chef and has connections ;) and is big enough for 150 (includes about 30 children),and inside...we're talking this time next year. We were thinking about VFW/American Legion places, they average $300 for 4 hrs...awesome! But they are small and on the tired side. I'm having trouble finding anything in the $1,000-$2,000 range... what is up with that btw? It's either $300 or $3,000. Anyway...help! Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JKFDais15. Show JKFDais15's posts

Re: Low budget-low key venues

any location?  or area?  have you thought about Friday?  Have you looked at elks at bass rocks in gloucester?? so beautiful!  however they are $3K hall rental fee for Saturday but Friday is $1500 (and Sunday is 2000). 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazza74. Show amazza74's posts

Ah yes, I forgot such details! Boston area (North up to Gloucester, Peadbody area, West as far as Concord, Lincoln, South as far as Plymouth maybe). Sunday is OK with me but we're hoping for a Saturday. I will definitely look up Bass Rocks...I may have already...I have to start keeping track of these things! Thanks for the tip!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

The Lexington Elks is really nice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

Chelmsford Elks is a lovely brand new facility that just opened this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

Actually, now that I reread the original post, you may be happier with the Quincy Elks. Professional in house caterer, gorgeous grounds and gazebo overlooking the Blue Hills.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nsh1018. Show nsh1018's posts

Check out the Maudlsay Arts Center.  Not sure on price but I believe it is quite reasonable and I know you can bring in your own caterer.  It is a barn with an outside ampitheater so you would have to want that rustic sort of feeling.
    http://www.maudslayartscenter.org/ Look under the function button.  Best of luck!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazza74. Show amazza74's posts

Thanks everyone, these are great ideas -many new to me! I love the look of the Maudsley Arts Center but they say they are only open until mid-October so I just emailed them to check when exactly that is. Now I am off to look up the Elks!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

Just to add one more to your list, have you looked at the Rockport Art Association? It's so pretty there and I'm pretty sure they rent it out for weddings.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nsh1018. Show nsh1018's posts

I really don't know much about this place too but might be worth calling:

http://www.belltowerdevelopment.com/index.html It is Chester's at Belltower Square and they do weddings there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazza74. Show amazza74's posts

Thanks again for more ideas, so glad I asked! Just want to mention 2 other places I found on another thread that seem good. The East Bridgewater Commercial Club, it's only $300 for 4 hours I think. No frills, might be perfect for us. http://www.eastbcc.com/
    And the Holliston Historical society has a house and a barn that look perfectly lovely (rustic barn). Might be too small for us in the fall but in warmer months you can rent a tent (the barn's capacity is 100). You can rent the whole shebang (barn, house, grounds) for $1,000 on a Saturday or Sunday. http://www.hollistonhistoricalsociety.org/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nsh1018. Show nsh1018's posts

There is also a barn in Topsfield - check through the Topsfield Historical Society.  They rent it for functions and I believe you can bring in your own caterer.