Mountain Venue Ideas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lorax819. Show lorax819's posts

Mountain Venue Ideas

I would love some help on some venue ideas for a wedding that can happen in a mountainous/hilly region.  We are looking this weekend at the Mountain View Grand Resort in NH, but I am certain this venue will really limit our ability to spend money on other aspects of the wedding.  Does anyone have any ideas for a venue that could comfortably fit 150 guests, has a decent dance floor area, and has mountain views?  I would also love a venue that allows the wedding to go past 11pm and can have food stations, but these are not requirements.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinga9. Show kinga9's posts

Re: Mountain Venue Ideas

A co-worker of mine got married at Loon last year. The ceremony was at the top of the mountain (chair lifts took everyone up...the pictures are spectacular!) and the reception with one of the main buildings. It was a very rustic mountain feel. Check it out. Good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from venforknot. Show venforknot's posts

It's stupidly expensive probably but I love the Omni Parker Hotel at Mt. Washington . We looked at it for our wedding and talk about a "wow" venue. But pricey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

DH's friends had their reception at Jiminy Peak in the Berkshires.  The ceremony was in a nearby church but the reception was beautiful.  Great views and good food.  I don't know if you're only interested in NH but if not check them out.  Good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetoplan. Show lovetoplan's posts

In Response to Mountain Venue Ideas:

I wish I had seen this last week.  I know someone who had their wedding at Stonehurst Manor on Route 16 in North Conway and they loved it.  Also, a couple of the hotels in Jackson have wedding packages.  Of course there's Bretton Woods as well as Attitash and Cranmore.  If you wanted to head over to VT there's Killington and Okemo (love Okemo).  We snowmobile by Riverside Farm in Pittsfield,VT right up the road from Killington.  The venue is a barn and it looks amazing.  If you're a skiier I think I remember someone saying that they do weddings at Stowe in the chapel on the mountain that you ski by. 

Good luck!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lorax819. Show lorax819's posts

Thank you for the suggestions. We went to NH this weekend and checked out the Omni, Loon, Mountain View Grand Resort, Church's Landing (loved it), Sunset House, Steele Hill Resorts, White Mountain Hotel & Resort, and some other spots.  Right now, my favorite is Church's Landing, but I am confident our budget cannot support this.  Does anyone know of any venues in MA that are in hilly locations or have grounds that look nice in the fall?  A mountain view is most ideal, but I am not sure how realistic this hope is...  Again thanks for any help and suggestions!  Good thing I have over 1 year before our desired wedding date...!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from venforknot. Show venforknot's posts

Jut throwing brainstorming ideas out here - completely not a mountain view but The Commons 1854 in Topsfield is right on a town square and in the fall looks like a New England postcard. It's very different from a mountain scene though as they don't really have "grounds" to speak of.  How big of a wedding are you thinking? I'm sure there's plenty of spots up north near the NH border and a bit west. I know the Stonehedge Inn in Tyngsboro does weddings and it's a bit woodsy there and must look great in the fall. I think they have some weird music restrictions though. Smith Barn is nice in the fall, but again, no mountains. There's got to be somewhere near Nashoba, Wachusett etc. And definitely someplace in the Berkshires if you want to go that way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChitChatty11. Show ChitChatty11's posts

I went to a beautiful wedding out near Mount Wachusett a few years back.  I think it might be called Harrington Farm?  It was a lovely lodge type of a building with a big stone fireplace, wood beams throughout and views of the mountains.  About an hour outside of Boston I think.  It was lovely, not sure of the price though. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from C82. Show C82's posts

I went to a wedding at Mt. Sunapee in NH. It was so cool - all the guests had to ride the ski chair lifts to the top of the mountain (it was Sept. wedding) and the view was breathtaking. Where we were overlooked all of the mountains and Lake Sunapee. The reception at the mountain lodge was equally as nice, and I know for certain that the bridge & groom did not spend an outrageous amount. It's also not an outrageous drive from the Boston area like some other places you mentioned so some guests would not have to spend the night if they so chose. Good luck!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LindaO1MrsO1. Show LindaO1MrsO1's posts

Jiminy Peak is a great venue.  Especially in the fall.  Both of my children either skied there or were instructors for several years.  There is a nice Inn and condominiums - which I think can be rented.  I don't know the current pricing.  But, I would presume it is less expensive in the early Fall and the Spring.  There are also other venues in the area where guests could stay.  You can contact Jiminy@1-800-882-9959.  The wedding planner is Tracy Grant and she can be contacted at: 413-5500, ext. 3930.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LindaO1MrsO1. Show LindaO1MrsO1's posts

We also went to a wedding at "Pat's Peak" in/near Henniker, NH.  The wedding was done on a very limited budget.  The ceremony took place in the main lodge.  The background was a massive fireplace which had many, many candles accenting it.  The aisles were also accented with candles on the floor.  Great intimate feeling.  Reception was a cocktail buffet (wedding wasn't until 7/7:30 pm).  Food was nicely presented first many hearty appetizers and then a buffet of beef burgundy, salad, etc.  The atmosphere of the wedding was a great setting.

However, a word of caution, the motel associated with it is very, very outdated - possibly early 1960's. And, I thought the rooms were quite pricey - for the kind of accommodations.  I don't recall there were any amenities like coffee, etc. offered. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Castle in the Clouds

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from austengirl. Show austengirl's posts

We were married at the Jackson Community Church and our reception was at the White Mountain in North Conway...a bit small for your 150 if you are looking indoors but it was a fabulous wedding and it was a longer reception than your typical 4 hour in and out.
    Look also at Stone Mountain Arts Center (Maine but right over the NH border); Eagle Mountain House in Jackson, Stonehurst Manor in North Conway.
    I have heard good things about Harrington Farms in Mass. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from friend627. Show friend627's posts

I am getting married next weekend at Mountain Meadows Lodge in Killington Vt.  Rustic, beautiful views, reasonably priced.
    www.mountainmeadowslodge.com
    Good luck.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Epigal. Show Epigal's posts

My friend got married at Castle in the Clouds in Moultonborough, NH. It was absolutely the most gorgeous view ever! Of course, they had a cloudless, warm summer day, so it would be a bit different in the rain. They just had their ceremony  and cocktail reception there, not a sit down dinner or dancing, but I think there was an indoor room for that. It's a bit of a pain to get there (there are small trolleys that take guests to the top), but it's SO worth it!!

Also, there's the Red Jacket in North Conway that has gorgeous views from their dining room, and I bet it wouldn't be too expensive.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chiclet831. Show Chiclet831's posts

I went to a wedding at Wachusett Mountain in August. It was beautiful! We all got to ride the ski lift after the ceremony which was just awesome! Definitely a new experience from your traditional wedding. My BIL got married at Loon, but I think I preferred Wachusett's ameneties.