Museum of Science

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: Museum of Science

someone on here did get married there and they were happy with it.

I got married at the New England Aquarium which uses the same caterer and bar service as the MOS. The food was fantastic, I still hear about it when people bring up the wedding and the service was great. As soon as someone was done with their plate it was gone in a flash.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

found her review!:
    http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aLifestyleForum%3a9629Discussion%3a807359bf-9f53-4d85-981d-e4bb116f25f7&plckFindPostKey=Cat:LifestyleForum:9629Discussion:807359bf-9f53-4d85-981d-e4bb116f25f7Post:12749a37-70ac-4466-bf19-ba52558a7f28

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I got married there in July, thanks for posting my review pink.  Just here to say if you have any questions other than my review let me know!   We found that the MOS was the most affordable place to get married in Boston, we looked at TONS of venues.  And you can't beat the water/skyline view.   I can post a few pictures, I don't have my professional ones yet, so just random ones taken by friends. 

The boards are not letting me post photos at the moment, but I have some..I'll post soon!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RisaKPurr. Show RisaKPurr's posts

My friend's wedding is in 2011 and I went with her to view the venue once it was all done up (for a wedding).  The ceremony was outdoors with a gorgeous view of the river and the  tent area was nicely done also.  We were actually there to look at the flower designs, but I can remember that the view of Cambridge was so breathtaking.  It must look doubly amazing at night or at sunset.  THe view alone made us think that the place was probably super pricey, but we could have been mistaken (especially if the above poster says it reasonable).

Anyway, GL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

Thanks for the responses!!  ajuly09, we'll be making our decision very soon (we're looking at an early summer wedding...), so I'm sure I'll have more questions if we decide to go with it.  (And if you want to send -- or don't mind sending -- pictures directly to me, message me and I'll send you my email address....)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

In Response to Re: Museum of Science:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the responses!!  ajuly09, we'll be making our decision very soon (we're looking at an early summer wedding...), so I'm sure I'll have more questions if we decide to go with it.  (And if you want to send -- or don't mind sending -- pictures directly to me, message me and I'll send you my email address....)
    Posted by spinningwheel[/QUOTE]

Hi, I just made an gallery instead, I think you can just look at my photos, I don;t think I need to friend you or anything!  Like I said, these are not my professional photos, I have better photos of the setting but i don;t have the rights to my photos yet.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RisaKPurr. Show RisaKPurr's posts

Ajuly,

Looking at your gallery, I think that was the wedding we stopped by to see last summer!  The centerpieces look awfully familiar (I remember the limes). 

We came very early on in the day, but did it rain later on in your wedding?  I ask because, after we visited, it rained cats and dogs that night and we wondered if the guests/bride got soaked during the party.  It might not be the same wedding...just wondering.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Museum of Science : Hi, I just made an gallery instead, I think you can just look at my photos, I don;t think I need to friend you or anything!  Like I said, these are not my professional photos, I have better photos of the setting but i don;t have the rights to my photos yet.  
    Posted by ajuly09[/QUOTE]

Wow, your pictures are beautiful.  And they're by far the most helpful pictures I've seen of the site (in action) so far, it's much easier to visualize now.  Thanks!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

[QUOTE]Ajuly, Looking at your gallery, I think that was the wedding we stopped by to see last summer!  The centerpieces look awfully familiar (I remember the limes).  We came very early on in the day, but did it rain later on in your wedding?  I ask because, after we visited, it rained cats and dogs that night and we wondered if the guests/bride got soaked during the party.  It might not be the same wedding...just wondering.
    Posted by RisaKPurr[/QUOTE]

I bet that was my wedding, blue table cloths inside and out.  And yes it did rain, actually poured during the last song the band played. Kinda good timing because the rain held out the whole night.  Everyone jumped in vans to the hotel around the corner and it was okay.  They actually added an awning from the tent to the pavillion incase of rain which is good if the ceremony is outdoors and it does rain you don't have to get wet walking from one place to the other. 

Spinningwheel- glad you liked the pictures, the place was actually nice for photos and hopefully I can share some more from my photographer when I get the rights!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I love the escalator photo!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Museum of Science : I bet that was my wedding, blue table cloths inside and out.  And yes it did rain, actually poured during the last song the band played. Kinda good timing because the rain held out the whole night.  Everyone jumped in vans to the hotel around the corner and it was okay.  They actually added an awning from the tent to the pavillion incase of rain which is good if the ceremony is outdoors and it does rain you don't have to get wet walking from one place to the other.  Spinningwheel- glad you liked the pictures, the place was actually nice for photos and hopefully I can share some more from my photographer when I get the rights!
    Another question -- how many people did you have?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Where can I see these photos?!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I think you can just click on my name Peonie.   

I had about 180 I believe, with a band so the band took up a lot of room and we still fit very comfortably. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

[QUOTE]I think you can just click on my name Peonie.    I had about 180 I believe, with a band so the band took up a lot of room and we still fit very comfortably. 
    We're looking at probably 120-125 -- do you think the tent will be too big or look too empty with that number?  The tent is not up right now, but the footprint doesn't look like it's too huge, so I think the smaller number should be okay....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Museum of Science : We're looking at probably 120-125 -- do you think the tent will be too big or look too empty with that number?  The tent is not up right now, but the footprint doesn't look like it's too huge, so I think the smaller number should be okay....
    Posted by spinningwheel[/QUOTE]
    I think you'll be okay with 100 or so, you could put less at a table than we did.  You could also move tables away from the dj/band area so that no one has to be near the speakers and it would actually work out better.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Museum of Science : I think you'll be okay with 100 or so, you could put less at a table than we did.  You could also move tables away from the dj/band area so that no one has to be near the speakers and it would actually work out better.  
    Thanks, that's good to hear.  I just don't want it to look sparse (and I don't want to increase the guest list for the sake of filling space...).  My mom made the same point, that it might be nice to have tables that are less full.  Anyhow, I'm on board, my parents are both on board, and FI is happy if I'm happy (I'd prefer to drive by with him so he can see the place in person, but your pictures certainly help!).  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Spinningwheel,  Have you made a decision yet?  Just curious!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

Spinningwheel,  Have you made a decision yet?  Just curious!
    Posted by ajuly09

After a two-month-long roller coaster, we booked the MOS this week!  Thanks for your advice and pictures!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Spinning, that is great!!!! I am so excited for you!  Please let me know if you have any questions as the process goes along, or which vendors i used etc.   Congrats on booking, deciding  is one of the hardest parts!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

Spinning, that is great!!!! I am so excited for you!  Please let me know if you have any questions as the process goes along, or which vendors i used etc.   Congrats on booking, deciding  is one of the hardest parts!
    Posted by ajuly09

I'm so excited!  I think it's perfect for us in so many ways.  I think the only thing we still need to book is a band -- it sounds from your review like you'd recommend yours?  How are the acoustics in the tent?  (Also, how are the acoustics for the ceremony?)  And do you have any tips, in retrospect, for dealing with the museum's, um, rigidity?  Or any particular details you recommend I keep a closer eye on (while we're planning, not on the day of -- I don't plan on paying attention any little details on the day of!)?  Thanks!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vickidunk. Show vickidunk's posts

Hello! My interest is now piqued. I am going to go view the facility this weekend. Did you find that hte pricing was affordable?
    Also where is the gallery of pictures you posted? I did not see it! I would love any advice you can offer. Thanks for your input!

In Response to Re: Museum of Science : I bet that was my wedding, blue table cloths inside and out.  And yes it did rain, actually poured during the last song the band played. Kinda good timing because the rain held out the whole night.  Everyone jumped in vans to the hotel around the corner and it was okay.  They actually added an awning from the tent to the pavillion incase of rain which is good if the ceremony is outdoors and it does rain you don't have to get wet walking from one place to the other.  Spinningwheel- glad you liked the pictures, the place was actually nice for photos and hopefully I can share some more from my photographer when I get the rights!
    Posted by ajuly09

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from vickidunk. Show vickidunk's posts

Hi Spinning,

I too am interested in booking my wedding at the MOS. I was wondering (as I am eagerly waiting to hear back from the catering coordinator) if you might be able to tell me what the extra fees are? ie: administrative, gratuity, etc. Also, does your package include open bar and what is the cost of that? If you dont mind me asking!

Thank you.
    In Response to Re: Museum of Science : After a two-month-long roller coaster, we booked the MOS this week!  Thanks for your advice and pictures!
    Posted by spinningwheel

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

In Response to Re: Museum of Science : Hi Spinning, I too am interested in booking my wedding at the MOS. I was wondering (as I am eagerly waiting to hear back from the catering coordinator) if you might be able to tell me what the extra fees are? ie: administrative, gratuity, etc. Also, does your package include open bar and what is the cost of that? If you dont mind me asking! Thank you.
    Posted by vickidunk

Hi Vicki-  I'm so sorry, but I don't really know the pricing....  I know that there's a $5K site fee, and we are having open bar, but my parents (and oh my goodness, I can't thank them enough...) are fully hosting the reception so I haven't really been involved in the finances of it.  I also know that we certainly don't have an unlimited budget, and we have been able to work it out.  If I can be more help, I'll definitely follow up.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

In Response to Re: Museum of Science : I'm so excited!  I think it's perfect for us in so many ways.  I think the only thing we still need to book is a band -- it sounds from your review like you'd recommend yours?  How are the acoustics in the tent?  (Also, how are the acoustics for the ceremony?)  And do you have any tips, in retrospect, for dealing with the museum's, um, rigidity?  Or any particular details you recommend I keep a closer eye on (while we're planning, not on the day of -- I don't plan on paying attention any little details on the day of!)?  Thanks!
    Posted by spinningwheel

THe accoustics inside the tent were great, our band was Unity from murray hill talent, and people are still talking about the wedding band 6 mon later. They were great.     The accoustics outside depend on the weather. It was very windy we had a string quartet that I don't think you could really hear that much, I wasnot really paying attention...  We had a mic for the ceremony so everyone could hear that.  
    What areas would you like them to be more flexible on? if you let me know maybe I can help.  I did just send lots and lots of emails. We used outside vendor (not the MOS's recommended one)  for linens and it worked out well eventhough i thought it was going to be a huge issue.  Everything worked out in the end, but the timing of things like drop offs of items and florsist decorating had to be discussed a few times to get what we wanted...

TO the other poster, the open bar is not included.  I forget how much we paid pp...it is part of the menu if you ask them to email you it has all the pricing right in it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

In Response to Re: Museum of Science : THe accoustics inside the tent were great, our band was Unity from murray hill talent, and people are still talking about the wedding band 6 mon later. They were great.     The accoustics outside depend on the weather. It was very windy we had a string quartet that I don't think you could really hear that much, I wasnot really paying attention...  We had a mic for the ceremony so everyone could hear that.   What areas would you like them to be more flexible on? if you let me know maybe I can help.  I did just send lots and lots of emails. We used outside vendor (not the MOS's recommended one)  for linens and it worked out well eventhough i thought it was going to be a huge issue.  Everything worked out in the end, but the timing of things like drop offs of items and florsist decorating had to be discussed a few times to get what we wanted... TO the other poster, the open bar is not included.  I forget how much we paid pp...it is part of the menu if you ask them to email you it has all the pricing right in it.
    Posted by ajuly09

Thanks for the info!  We're a little worried the timing of the setup -- just two hours seems awfully quick (not that we're having anything particularly elaborate, but we are having a chuppah set up, so we will probably have to hire extra staff from the florist to make sure the flowers and the chuppah can be done in time).  As for the linens, were you responsible for putting them on the tables (I'm hoping this is a crazy question!), or did you just make sure to get them to the MOS a certain amount of time in advance so they could do it?  And did you use their mic/sound system for the ceremony, or provide your own?  Thanks!!