nauticus marina

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gaelicgal. Show Gaelicgal's posts

nauticus marina

Anyone been to or know anything about the Nauticus Marina in Osterville? They don't have much information on their website and wanted to see if anyone knows of anything while I wait to hear back from the contact.

Also, the casual gourmet catering, anyone have any information on prices is it expensive? reasonable?

Thanks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from flychick. Show flychick's posts

Re: nauticus marina

I looked into the Nauticus Marina for my wedding two years ago.  Location is beautiful, however the rental was about $6500 if I remember correctly and you need to have a tent set up as they only have a small room that can be used for cocktails.  Then also the catering.  Ended up being too expensive for us, but I did peak at reception there and with the tent, looked really elegant.  If you know anybody that belongs to some of the clubs nearby like Wianno or Oyster Harbors and they are willing to sponsor you, their rentals are much lower.

Regarding Casual Gourmet - they are excellent.  My family has used them several times over the years and they did our wedding cake and also provided food for our rehearsal dinner.  Not sure how they compare pricewise with other caterers, but they have a good reputation on the Cape and are very easy to work with.  If you look at their website, they also list different venues they cater at that you might not think of for your wedding/reception.

HTH & best wishes with your planning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gaelicgal. Show Gaelicgal's posts

$6,500! That's a lot for a rental fee!! I figured it must be expensive since I can't find any information online or anyone that has used the venue. It looks absolutely gorgeous though.

Did you get married down the cape? Do you mind me asking what you ended up using as a venue?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from flychick. Show flychick's posts

We were married on the Cape and were fortunate to have friends that sponsored us into their club.  Prior to making that decision, we were looking at a few other places like the Red Jacket Inn in South Yarmouth http://www.redjacketresorts.com/red_jacket_beach_resort/. Also, consider calling the Casual Gourmet - they help people find wedding locations on the Cape, especially ones that you might not think of like Cape Cod Museum of Art, Heritage Museum, Asa Bushnell House.  http://www.thecasualgourmet.com/cape-cod-wedding-reception-sites.