Need Ideas for Beachy/Near water Venues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from twinklie12. Show twinklie12's posts

Need Ideas for Beachy/Near water Venues

Hi all!  My friend is engaged and looking at venues that are beachy or near water in the North Shore, South Shore, or Central Mass.  She is getting discouraged as she has a guest list of about 150, and not a HUGE budget at all (maybe $30K MAX?).  Any ideas on venues for her to check out???  TIA!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerbride09. Show summerbride09's posts

Re: Need Ideas for Beachy/Near water Venues

I got married at the Oceanview in Nahant, MA last month- we had our ceremony and reception there. It was beautiful! Many of our guests said it was the best wedding they have been to. We had a ton of photos taken on their beach, with the ocean and sailboats in the background.

They have several different packages and they include many things- cake, centerpieces (if you want them), linens, food, wine toast for guests, even things like a cake cutting set, toasting flutes, use of their card box, a room captain to keep the day organize and running smoothly, etc.

Our day was pretty much stress free because they are so organized, thorough, helpful, and friendly. I recommend looking into it. We had 110 guests, they can accomodate up to 200.

www.oceanviewofnahant.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Ditto on Oceanview. Got married the same day as summerbride, actually...in the evening. :-)

It was awesome, and you can do it for WAYYY less than $30K.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

First all of 30k is a large budget! Second of all look at:

Elks in Gloucester
    Ocean View Inn in Gloucester
    Cruiseport in Gloucester

Can you tell I like Gloucester??

Also:

There are some places in Scituate she should look into, I just can't think of them right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

www.capefunctions.com for info about Bournedale.

150 might be a tight, but assuming the usual 10% decline rate, it might work.

Definitely within your budget! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from twinklie12. Show twinklie12's posts

All, thanks so much for the input.  I will pass this on to my friend.  I hope she can find something in her budget...$30K was her budget for the whole wedding potentially...venues, dress, DJ, photographer, honeymoon, etc.  Still a big chunk of change, but she looked at one place that was $8K just to rent it!  Yikes!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

She'll be fine Twinklie!  $30k is more than enough for 150 guests.  I will try to think of some more beachy-places...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

In Response to Re: Need Ideas for Beachy/Near water Venues:
    [QUOTE]Ditto on Oceanview. Got married the same day as summerbride, actually...in the evening. :-) It was awesome, and you can do it for WAYYY less than $30K.
    Posted by amschnittger[/QUOTE]

I have never been to anything but a great wedding at Oceanview in Nahant - 5, and a date's family reunion and a recent anniversary party too!  Some people who want really modern look at the dark blue carpet with flecks, the brick walls and think, old family Italian restaurant, not my style.  But decorated , by day the windows are everything, the brick a shadowed frame.  After dark, the brick is warm with the light, everything has a gentle glow.  No one can resist the huge, long deck, and open to the banquet room at both ends as it is, people go out to look at the ocean, a continuous flow.  Evenings you can dance there.
         The owners know what they are doing, and are thoroughly nice, accommodating as they can be.
       Twice that I was in the wedding party when I lived near Boston I went with the brides making plans, and they were pleased with the ease of planning, and the budget packages.  It helps that you can have the ceremony there if you want.

I hope you ladies had a great experience there too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

what type of place is charging $8000.00 in today's world!!!!
    Staci

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetoplan. Show lovetoplan's posts

The Barker Tavern in Scituate is just across from the water.  Atlantica in Cohasett sits right on the water.  Also in Scituate are the River Club and Scituate Country Club.  The Clarion at Nantasket Beach.  I want to call it the Golden Rooster in Cohasett but I know that isn't the name.  Plymouth, Stone Forge right on 3A on the beach (the old Bert's Cove)  The Radisson right in Plymouth center.  I'm sure that there are a few golf courses in Plymouth near the water.  South Shore Country Club and Black Rock Country Club are both in Hingham, not on the water but not far from there.  Not sure what is opening up at the new Hingham Ship Yard venue. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]what type of place is charging $8000.00 in today's world!!!! Staci
    Posted by staci1[/QUOTE]

Oh, you would be surprised.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

[QUOTE]The Barker Tavern in Scituate is just across from the water.  Atlantica in Cohasett sits right on the water.  Also in Scituate are the River Club and Scituate Country Club.  The Clarion at Nantasket Beach.  I want to call it the Golden Rooster in Cohasett but I know that isn't the name.  Plymouth, Stone Forge right on 3A on the beach (the old Bert's Cove)  The Radisson right in Plymouth center.  I'm sure that there are a few golf courses in Plymouth near the water.  South Shore Country Club and Black Rock Country Club are both in Hingham, not on the water but not far from there.  Not sure what is opening up at the new Hingham Ship Yard venue. 
    Posted by lovetoplan[/QUOTE]

We actually looked into the Stone Forge in Plymouth and apparently they are not sure if they are going to renew their lease in September so they are not booking any weddings right now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShoeGal0523. Show ShoeGal0523's posts

My friend got married at the boston museum of science outside - it's right on the charles with an amazing view of the boston skyline!  not sure how much she spent, but worth a shot!  good luck to your friend!!!