Need Venue Suggestions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from annakat07. Show annakat07's posts

Need Venue Suggestions

My fiance and I have been looking for about a month now for a wedding ceremony and reception site (we want it at the same place). So far, they are too expensive, bad location, not very nice appearence wise, and so on. We are not picky by any means but want our day to be special (I know, it will be anywhere ;) ) and to not cost a fortune.

Any venue ideas around the Metro West area out through Worcester? Foot in mouth

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: Need Venue Suggestions

I don't live in the metro west area but I know there is the Wayside Inn in Sudbury and also there is a Four Points in Fitchburg that has a nice looking ballroom. There is restaurant that I like too, but the name is escaping me right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We got married at the Wayside Inn (www.wayside.org), and note the ".org" extension.  It's a historic landmark so they are non-profit.  It wasn't cheap, per se, but it was reasonable, and we'd highly recommend it!  We booked there after having attended another wedding there without even doing ANY research first.  We loved it that much.

There is an on-site chapel that is non-denominational, but they do not allow Catholic services.  Protestant only.  But, you can marry somewhere else and have the reception there, if you want.  It was very historic New England, and we had a perfect experience (for us...everything is relative, I know).

GL and congrats!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from meg2011. Show meg2011's posts

Blissful Meadows in Uxbridge, Ma is a golf course with a gazebo outside for ceremonies and nice reception site. They are affordable and the staff there are great to work with. Good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChitChatty11. Show ChitChatty11's posts

This is my first post, but I've been reading the posts here and have found some great guidance from the ladies on this site, so thanks ladies! 
    I thought I would add my venue as an option for you - The Codman House. It's in Lincoln, not sure if that is quite metrowest.  They have some Sundays open this year and I do believe they may have one or two Saturdays left.  The grounds are beautiful and many people have their ceremony in a beautiful italian garden on the grounds and the reception in a tent connected to the carriage house.  The rates are the best that I found.  It's owned by Historic New England which is a non-profit.  Let me know if you'd like more details:
    http://www.historicnewengland.org/historic-properties/function-rentals/codman-estate-gardens-and-carriage-house

In Response to Need Venue Suggestions:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I have been looking for about a month now for a wedding ceremony and reception site (we want it at the same place). So far, they are too expensive, bad location, not very nice appearence wise, and so on. We are not picky by any means but want our day to be special (I know, it will be anywhere ;) ) and to not cost a fortune. Any venue ideas around the Metro West area out through Worcester?
    Posted by annakat07[/QUOTE]