Negotiating with venues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Negotiating with venues

This weekend we found two venues that we really like! Since we had other places we were looking at, we didn't talk many specifics with them while we were there.

I'm now in touch with them by email and said that we are interested and wanted to figure out if we could get everything within our budget. Instead of booking another appointment with them, they've asked for us to email them what we want and how much to spend.

We know their printed prices and fees. Do we tell them that we have a little less than they are asking so we can negotiate? Does anyone have experience with this? What did you do?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Re: Negotiating with venues

yes, definitely try to negotiate.

Use offers from competing venues and try to encourage the one you are interested in to match appealing features of the other contract.   Or if the minimum is too high, or there are high rental fees or add-on costs for "extras" that interst you, ask if they can include them.  Explain that you have narrowed it down to a few venues, you are interested in their site, but you wish their package would include "blah", or you think their rental fee or minimum is steep compared to your other option, etc.  Also, mention if your wedding is off-season or on a non-saturday night and ask if there is anything they can do.  

Be assertive but respectful in tone.  A lot of venues will negotiate in this economy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Hi Cici,
    We negotiated a bit.  We ended up getting our venue to waive the administrative fees they all charge (I can't remember now what they were, but every venue had them... it was like 18% of the total).  We also got a few things thrown in.  Unless people are clamoring for your date, you do have some wiggle room (we were getting married on a Sunday and by the time we picked our venue it was 6 months away, so they were dying for our business for an otherwise likely-unbookable date).
    Good luck!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

I emailed our ideal budget per guest and what we are looking for and they sent back a package only slightly higher, including everything that we want! This is about $2,000 less than we estimated it would actually cost. I think I'm in shock!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

Congratulations!  Keep negotiating with them, you might be able to get closer to your ideal budget per guest.  Clearly they want you business.  You have nothing to lose by asking.  

Sections
Shortcuts