north shore venues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from italianqueen. Show italianqueen's posts

north shore venues

My daughter got engaged last month and we are looking for a venue preferably on the north shore.  She hasn't decided if she wants an outdoor wedding with the venue being able to accommodate us indoors if it rains or if she wants to have the ceremony in church. 

All suggestions/ideas will be greatly appreciated

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Re: north shore venues

Congratulations to you and your daughter!! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Txgrl82. Show Txgrl82's posts

So many places, so little time :)

We had our wedding at Smith Barn in Peabody (Brooksby Farms) - LOVED it, but there's no AC/heat, something to keep in mind. On site ceremony area available if you choose to do so. Also, close to the highway for out of towners.

Another beautiful place is Hamilton Hall in Salem, but it seems that parking could be difficult around there. Gorgeous courtyard across the street where a ceremony can take place.

The House of Seven Gables in Salem also does weddings. They hold them out in the garden, overlooking the water. Gorgeous! I don't believe they have an indoor option though.

Topsfield Commons looks really pretty as well. There are some ladies on here that have used them. I don't believe they have handicap accessibility, if that's a concern.

Glen Magna in Danvers is another place many people like. Never been there but looks pretty.

The Helenic Center in Ipswich (I think!) has very nice grounds; I've never been to a wedding there but my mother mentioned that she felt like the ceilings were really low inside (if that matters to you)

Then there's all the hotels in the area as well, plus tons more spots! Hope this gives you a good start. Good luck

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from italianqueen. Show italianqueen's posts

Thank you so much for all the suggestions, Txgirl82 -- very helpful.  I hope I hear from all of you.  I know that I will be asking for suggestions, helpful hints in these coming months. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

What size guest list is she looking at? There are tons of places on the North Shore, but some are smaller than others. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

You may want to consider the Danversport Yacht Club.  I know you can actually have the ceremony there, it's a lovely setting, the food is wonderful, and not far off 128 so easy to get to.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from italianqueen. Show italianqueen's posts

The guest list will be about 150.  Thanks ALF72.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Here are a couple of my favorites:

Georgetown Country Club
    Peabody Essex Museum
    Kernwood Country Club

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nsh1018. Show nsh1018's posts

My daughter had her wedding at The Commons in Topsfield and I can only give glowing remarks about it.  We have received so many compliments about the wedding.  The food was the best food I have ever had at a wedding and far better than most restaurants.  The service was top notch.  The only thing negative I can say is the handicap issue but the Commons does have a service available to help handicap persons if you want.  The owners went out of their way to accomodate all our requests.  The nice thing about The Commons is you buy your own alcohol.  We had open bar for 93 guests and the bar bill was about $1000 with bartender and gratuity and insurance.  The appetizers were also out of this world. 

The other place to consider in Topsfield is Willowdale and Turner Hill in Ipswich is also doing weddings now. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from staci1. Show staci1's posts

depending on the budget.... my favorite... the Crane Estate.. I know it's a little pricy.. but soo worth it!!! It's where we are getting married next September!!!  The grounds are so beautiful no need to do really anything, except hope for sun!!!

Good luck.. let us know how we can help!!!

Staci

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Sorry, I should have asked before, but does she want a garden or a beachy wedding?  People have listed some good places for garden weddings.  There are plenty of yacht clubs in Marblehead that would make lovely spots if you want an ocean backdrop, but you need sponsors unless you are already a member.  There is also the Lee Mansion in Marblehead, which has a nice garden in back.  House of the 7 Gables [which someone mentioned] only does tent weddings, but the view is great.  Endicott College in Beverly has historic buildings that it rents out for weddings as well. 

There is also the Hawthorne Hotel [which does not have an outdoor space for the wedding, but you could do Lynch Park in Beverly or in a church].  There are also some pretty venues in Newburyport and Gloucester.  The Elks in Gloucester is supposed to be very nice. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from italianqueen. Show italianqueen's posts

More of a garden setting if she does have it outside.  She doesn't know exactly what she wants yet as far as outdoors/church.  Concern obviously is the weather.  She doesn't want a tent.  The reception would be indoors; even if she has it in church it would be wonderful to have cocktails outside.  I think the best bet would be a country club.  We have been many times to Danversport Yacht Club, whiich is very nice, but at this point she says that she wants someplace different. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from danielle74. Show danielle74's posts

I'm doing Hamilton Hall for my December wedding.  The manager there, Tricia, is fabulous to work with.  We are using Vinwood for a caterer.  The room is very pretty. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Most people have mentioned all of the spots I would have.  I'm having my ceremony and reception at Willowdale (Topsfield), and the back yard/courtyard (where they do the ceremonies and receptions) is a huge garden.  They allow full use of the house, but would not be able to accommodation 150 people inside for a meal - it would need to be in the tent (which is very pretty).

We also looked at The Commons and Turner Hill - both gorgeous.  I would have loved Crane but it was too pricey for us.

Good luck and congrats!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

Willowdale estate (where I got married, LOVED IT!)
    Cruiseport Glouster - really pretty as well

Congrats and have fun!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from luscious1019. Show luscious1019's posts

I'm thinking about getting married at Willowdale Estate in 2011 and have been to the venue and it is a great property.  I recommend that you set up a tour and check it out.  Then we can chat about what we think of the venue because I am still up in the air as to whether or not I want to select Willowdale Estate as my wedding venue.

-Julie