OT - need venue for birthday party, please help!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from annoyedbride07. Show annoyedbride07's posts

OT - need venue for birthday party, please help!

Hi folks - haven't been on here in forever!  I'm looking to have a 60th birthday party for my mom, in the Norwood/Franklin/Foxboro Area (so really off of 95/495).  Any venue ideas?  Looking for a fun restaurant with a private room in the back.  My top choice was the BBC, but they're booked.  Looking for something nice but not stuffy, would prefer a restaurant to a hotel function room, and looking to spend $25 per person.  I'd like it to be a set up where everyone can mingle.  Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: OT - need venue for birthday party, please help!

My friend had a christening party at Finz in Dedham [off Rt 1 by the 128 split].  It was very nice and is close enough to Norwood that it shouldn't be too much of a hike for your guests. The private room was upstairs. I don't think they broke the bank so it's probably in your price range.  HTH!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

Also Sky in Norwood is great...we had a goodbye party at work there in the bar.  Great apps and on Rte. 1 in Norwood. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

I had my sisters bridal shower at Bon Caldo in Norwood (next to Sky).  Sky and Bon Caldo may be more expensive than you want, but you could maybe work something out.  Talk to the managers and see what they can do.  Good Luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

The Chateau would be less expensive than the others mentioned; they have function rooms.  (In addition to Italian, they also have excellent fish/seafood -- or you could go the beer-and-pizza route.)   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]The Chateau would be less expensive than the others mentioned; they have function rooms.  (In addition to Italian, they also have excellent fish/seafood -- or you could go the beer-and-pizza route.)   
    Posted by cosmogirl[/QUOTE]

That's the place I was trying to remember the name of for this party!  I had my going-away party there from work, and it was great.  The food and service were great, and the function room is downstairs with a private entrance.

I can never remember the name because for whatever reason they gave an Italian restaurant chain a French name - always screws me up!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

That place is so so so good!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kristen83185. Show kristen83185's posts

We had my moms surprise 50th at Pinz in Milford... It was a complete shocker to me how fabulous it turned out and how classy it ended up being (I was so skeptical when my dad told me about it). We had about 80 people in their private room that had all high top tables sprawled everywhere and there is 4 private bowling lanes in the room along with a pool table. The food was delicious, I think everything came in at about $19 per person. The party was in March and honest to god people are still talking about how it was such a fun party and a nice change from the typical 50th birthday. They have music in the room as well which kept the night going. We only had the room till 11:00 and people were having so much fun that we ended up paying extra to keep it till 1am (1 am for a 50th bday party come on!) :) My 86 year old grandmother bowled a strike and i've never seen her so happy!

Also in Foxboro, Bar Louie has a private room for functions... In Franklin there's the restuarant Three on 140.