OT - North Shore Sunday Brunch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

OT - North Shore Sunday Brunch

Hi all, I tried running a search to see if there were any recent discussions about brunch locations, but I didn't see any.

I'm looking to host a Sunday brunch somewhere North of Boston. We live in Burlington but have family on the South Shore and I don't want to make them drive too far, and no one is really a big fan of parking in Boston, so I've had to rule that out.

We could possibly have a group as large as 30+ people, so a regular breakfast restaurant won't cut it. I'm looking for more of a buffet style.

Any suggestions?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Re: OT - North Shore Sunday Brunch

If you are in Burlington, you should totally check out Cafe Escadrille.  My friend did a brunch baby shower there and it was awesome.  Food and service was great.  No idea how the pricing was though!

http://www.cafeescadrille.com/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from venforknot. Show venforknot's posts

Oo I second Cafe Escadrille! We almost booked our wedding there and the people are great and the rooms are pretty! Also, depending on what you mean by North Shore - Hilltop Steak House on Rt 1 in Saugus? Their function rooms are pretty nice and I think they do offer a brunch option, not sure though. Also Red Rock Bistro in Swampscott might be able to accomodate this or The Winthrop Arms in Winthrop. Maybe the Continental on Rt 1. Again a bit dated but in a fun Goodfella's kind of way. And guess where else?...drum roll as I say this please...Spinelli's. That hurts just typing now. I think I should just change my screenname to Spinellisgirl or something. sigh....let's just assume from every post here on out that Spinelli's can do whatever anyone is asking for so I won't have to type it anymore.

There's also a bunch of hotels that should be able to do something like this pretty cheap. just google hotel in whatever city you're thinking of. Also, what about the Chateau? There's one is Norwood I think that's easy to get to and one in Waltham. Maybe they do brunch?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

I checked out the Escadrille, but it looked like they offer brunch as a function, not as part of their restaurant offering, I've had functions at Spinelli's - love them - but I don't want to have to worry about getting a head count, paying extra fees etc etc and then having people not show up.

Thanks for those restaurant suggestions, I'll check them out. I love using Yelp, but it doesn't give me a clear idea of who offers brunch and who doesn't.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jag27. Show jag27's posts

I am also going to recommend the Hilltop in Saugus.  They do a Sunday Brunch and they can accomadate a large group.  DH's uncle had a birthday brunch there a couple years back and there was about 25-30 of us and we weren't in a function room.  I would call them and see if they can accommadate you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from venforknot. Show venforknot's posts

Ok so no functions. That changes things since I'm not sure if the Winthrop Arms and Continental do a Sunday brunch (worth it to call and ask though). The Red Rock did, but it's been a couple of years since I've been there and the Wyndham in Chelsea did as of last year and they were both pretty good. Are you opposed to Cambridge? The Tavern in Porter Square does an awesome Sunday brunch buffet and if you called a couple of days ahead they might be able to work that out and there's a parking lot behind the restaurant. I know they have other locations too (one in Salem I think). I'm wondering if the hotels at the airport do a Sunday brunch. They all have their own restaurants so they might.  The Hilltop is probably the best bet though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

If you are going to schedule 30 people for a brunch, you are most likely going to have to reserve a function room, or at least a section of a restaurant. It's not fair to the restaurant, not to mention other patrons, to just drop in w/ 30 people for a brunch. You are just asking for trouble if you all show up to a brunch on a Sunday w/o making advance reservations - either you aren't going to be seated together or there aren't going to be enough seats to accommodate your entire party.  30 is a big group.  I think you can  get away w/ what you want to do w/ 10-15 people, but not anything larger. 

Plenty of good places for brunch - Hawthorne Hotel in Salem is really good.  I think the Century House does a brunch [my aunt loves that place, but I'm not a fan].  Sylvan Street Grill on the Peabody/Danvers line I think does one as well. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beniceboston. Show beniceboston's posts

Thanks for the addit. suggestions. My aunt has had a few brunches at a restaurant in Revere and we were just sectioned off from the rest of the restaurant, and I recently went to a baby shower brunch at a country club with a similar set up - so that's what I'm hoping to find. I'm definitely planning to call ahead and reserve seating for us with a rough head count.  I'll look into those other places.

Thanks!!

Sections
Shortcuts