OT-Where to go for chowder?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

OT-Where to go for chowder?

Hi! My best friends' 17 year old cousin is in town for the summer, doing a program at Northeastern. I told him I'd take him out tonight, and he wants chowder. Being the food snob that I am, when I want chowder, I go to my Mom's kitchen on the North Shore. Where can I take him in Boston? Nothing too fancy (he is a 17 yo boy, after all!), doesn't matter if it's drive or T access. Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Re: OT-Where to go for chowder?

Union Oyster House in Faneuil Hall is A-MAZING! And not expenisve at all!

It is also the oldest running restaurant in America! Has the best chowder!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from klm44. Show klm44's posts

Union Oyster....agreed!  One of the best around!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Also in Fanieul Hall (directly in the hallway) is Boston Chowda.  That's super informal, not even a sit down place.  I seem to recall teh chowder being very good.  Not the best I've ever had in my life, but good, and priced right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

What about the Summer Shack?  Right near Hynes convention t stop, next to Kings.  It's pretty laid back & the food is good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Boston Chowda in Faneuill Hall! Get a bread bowl.

Orgasmic. For serious.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Now I have a craving for chowder....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Me, too!  We've been eating a lot of pizza since the puppy.  I could go for a nice hot chowda.  (How bad is that that on a July evening I want a hot bowl of hearty clam chowder?)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

In Response to Re: OT-Where to go for chowder?:
    Me, too!  We've been eating a lot of pizza since the puppy.  I could go for a nice hot chowda.  (How bad is that that on a July evening I want a hot bowl of hearty clam chowder?)
    Posted by kargiver

Kar, how bad that in July, when my FI is grilling on the porch I am asking him to please close the door because I am freezing, and I have to wear a sweatshirt!! That happened tonight! I was freezing, and kept saying "close the door while you are grilling, it is freezing out there!!!!"

Now that is sad :(

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

In Response to Re: OT-Where to go for chowder?:
    In Response to Re: OT-Where to go for chowder? : Kar, how bad that in July , when my FI is grilling on the porch I am asking him to please close the door because I am freezing, and I have to wear a sweatshirt!! That happened tonight! I was freezing, and kept saying "close the door while you are grilling, it is freezing out there!!!!" Now that is sad :(
    Posted by Sept2010Bride

I NEED summer to prepare for fall and winter! It's weird, can anyone else sense their moods fluctuating with the weather?

Sections
Shortcuts