Outdoor on the Water - South of Boston Venue

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bm0505. Show bm0505's posts

Outdoor on the Water - South of Boston Venue

Hi ladies,

I decided to ask for some help for a friend.  She is from Scituate and wants to find a venue that is on the water.  She is from a boating family so waterfront is key!  They're planning on doing everything there (ceremony and reception).  Maybe an estate?  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kel96. Show kel96's posts

Re: Outdoor on the Water - South of Boston Venue

Does it matter if the water is a lake and not the ocean?  If not, I would highly recommend Bournedale in Plymouth.  I coordinated a wedding there for a client in 2009 and fell in love with it.  It is beautiful.  The ceremony is on the beach right in front of the water and the reception is up one level in the function room with big decks that overlook the water.  Let me know if you have any specific questions about this place, I have tons of info.  Good luck.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I'm a Bournedale bride and couldn't have been more pleased with our choice. 

The service was first-class, we loved Bournedale because it's a little different, but it's definitely NOT an estate..

(on the plus side, all your guests can stay overnight in the cabins and have breakfast the next morning -- that's what we did!)

www.capefunctions.com

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreChic. Show SShoreChic's posts

Atlantica in Cohasset.
    Nauticus Marina is down the Cape, gorgeous.
    And also Oyster Harbour Club in Osterville.
    Good Luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Is the Cape too far?  We had our reception at The Flying Bridge Restaurant in Falmouth.  It's located on Falmouth harbor and has a wrap-around deck for beautiful ocean views.  We did not have the ceremony there but I know it was an option (for an extra fee).

Also, they have the option of having the Bride and Groom arrive to the reception on a boat!  Sounds perfect for her boating family.

Good luck!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetoplan. Show lovetoplan's posts

In Response to Outdoor on the Water - South of Boston Venue:

The Barker doesn't do outdoor weddings, so I can see why she wouldn't have this on her list, although it's one of my favorite locations.  What about the Lightkeeper's Residence in Cohasset (also Bancroft Hall)?

Sections
Shortcuts