Outdoorsy/Laid-back Venue

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ellenIV. Show ellenIV's posts

Outdoorsy/Laid-back Venue

Can anyone recommend a pretty, outdoor reception venue in the Metro-West/South Shore area?
    My girlfriend just got engaged and is planning an August 2010 wedding, so I'm trying to help her get this booked asap!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chels51. Show chels51's posts

Re: Outdoorsy/Laid-back Venue

We're getting married at the Codman Estate in Lincoln, Ma.  It's a very casual, outdoorsy venue with beautiful gardens.  Also, you can pretty much do anything you want there (not many rules).  Not sure if they'd be available for August, but you can always try! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HappyFrappy. Show HappyFrappy's posts

The Codman Estate is a great suggestion! I looked at it last year for my wedding and I absolutely loved the Italian Garden. I also remember the rental fee being very affordable.

Another venue to check out is the Warren Conference Center in Ashland. It overlooks the Ashland Reservoir. www.warrencenter.com

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Arrowhead Acres in Uxbridge is a nice venue. It has a "chapel in the pines" outdoor ceremony space which is really pretty. you can choose whether to have the reception indoors or outdoors.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Bournedale Function Facility in Plymouth is very laid-back, a little funky, and 100% wonderful.

It's on the water (Great Herring Pond), the function hall has outdoor decks.  You can have the ceremony outside on the beach, but you can easily move it indoors in case of rain.

We had ours there and couldn't have been more delighted.  As a huge plus, you can have the guests stay overnight in the cabins, have a bonfire after the reception, and breakfast the next morning.

Their website doesn't do the place justice, but check it out at www.capefunctions.com. Let me know if you want more info. 

Sections
Shortcuts