Places to stay near Castle Hill in Newport RI

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Places to stay near Castle Hill in Newport RI

Hi,
    We are going to be attending a wedding at Castle Hill in Newport RI.  The couple has room blocks at some hotels but we are trying to find a place that we can split with my brother and his wife. Any suggestions of places with Suites of rooms?  Or house that we could have more people stay at?  Or a hotel/inn that is  200/night or less in Newport in June (I know, fat chance)?  Oh and it's a Friday night.
    Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teacherinmass. Show teacherinmass's posts

Re: Places to stay near Castle Hill in Newport RI

I attended a wedding in Newport and stayed in a variety of places.

We stayed in http://www.newportspa.com/ for the bacherlorette and we had a nice suite with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Its a 15 dollar cab ride from downtown Newport.

I also stayed in the Howard Johnson's in Middletown, which was still a cheap cab ride (or short drive) to downtown and the cheapest room we found.

Finally, for the wedding weekend, we stayed at Quality Inn (http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-middletown-rhode_island-RI021). This one is closer to downtown and was pricier.

My experience with Newport accomodations- expensive, often with a 2 night minimum, especially in the peak season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DWR1. Show DWR1's posts

The Viking Hotel

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EBo16. Show EBo16's posts

The Viking Hotel. I stayed there for a wedding but our rooms were picked up by the couple....so I don't know how much it was.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Thanks Ladies.  They did block rooms.  The Viking Hotel has a 2 night minimum and the group rate is over 500 for both nights.  The other hotels in the blocks are the Marriot (also a 2 night minimum and over 500) and the Hyatt which is 309 before tax.  I think we are going to go with the Newport Beach Hotel and Suites.  It will be 225/couple including tax for a 2 bedroom suite and is just as far as the block rooms from Castle Hill.